Author Topic: perry jones 111  (Read 8906 times)

perry jones 111
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
is only 23 and  6-11 with 7-3 wingspan and 38 in vertical-he has had 3 years watching durant and westbrook ,while durant called him best athlete in league
the question is did okc stunt his growth and good ole brad will nuture this guy
are we desperate  as fans for a long big with almost guard skills,
is this gifted athlete going to be given some time now or will he be moved on-i look at him with three years as a gift with all those rookie learning lessons out of the way ,now he can go to work on reaching his potential  with brad and the young celtics
now the question -is a 6-9 guy like holmes and 6-8 mickey more reliable,do we give up on sully or olynck and trade them
how will this guy mesh with jerebko and chemistry or even with zeller-more questions than any resolution
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:56:43 AM by rollie mass »

Re: perry jones 111
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think he's unlikely to put it together at this point, but if he does... look out.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
now the question -is a 6-9 guy like holmes and 6-8 mickey more reliable,do we give up on sully or olynck and trade them

Sully and KO are proven NBA players, the new guys, I like them but they have only done well in summer league.   I think they can both play, I think Sully and KO have limited ceiling due to their low athletic base but I doubt these guys move them out.   I think we need to get ride of our unathletic guys who lack in defense in Sully's case, and confidence in KO's but it is a reach to think that Holmes and Mickey can come right in and out play those two.   I think Mickey is the best defender of that lot.   Holmes may well be the best shooter.   KO is the best pass and Sully is the best rebounder.   None of them are complete players, KO  and Mickey are the most complete of the four.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
yesterday you had jerebko and johnson working out together,that is the culture that danny and brad want to create -
where is turner?-,running out of gas in his ferrai like last summer--

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I almost forgot about Jerebko. God what a crazy bucket of parts we have.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
I think he's unlikely to put it together at this point, but if he does... look out.
[/
quote]
now your a thin 20 yr old  6-11 black guy there is nowhere to hide and i bet there is a tall man syndrome
they say it takes more time for big men and,he went back to school to mature-gets drafted and sits behind two of the best in league-that might alone stymie a young player-the celts will make him feel wanted ,a steal not a throwaway
-for the first time he will be back in a team culture not a superstar culture,the celtics pride culture
we got us a greek freek with experience

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The thing I'm most excited about with PJ is that he has the potential to come in and suck up, like, ALL of our hate. If Olynyk, Sullinger, Smart, Turner, and Bradley were ever to read this blog, they'd be thanking the heavens for sending them a new underacheiving, hyper-athletic former phenom from OKC. We are going to be so completely obsessed and p---ed with this guy. It'll be just like the old days before all the fat shaming and Marcus Banksing.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
now your a thin 20 yr old  6-11 black guy there is nowhere to hide and i bet there is a tall man syndrome
they say it takes more time for big men and,he went back to school to mature-gets drafted and sits behind two of the best in league-that might alone stymie a young player-the celts will make him feel wanted ,a steal not a throwaway
-for the first time he will be back in a team culture not a superstar culture,the celtics pride culture
we got us a greek freek with experience
I'm not really sure how being a lanky black guy has affected him personally or in his NBA career (not saying it hasn't but I'd just rather not speculate on his personal experience) but I basically agree with everything else. The issue is we can't undo the years of sitting behind Durant, being an afterthought and getting occasional opportunities. Good and bad habits both set in and the glue starts to dry at some point. We definitely put Evan Turner in a better position to succeed than his previous teams, but you could see that there are some things about his play style that will be very tough to change.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »

Offline Hardwood Harry

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

You don't score 32 points in an NBA game without being able to put it together... especially at only 23 years old. If this kid can give us 5 good minutes a night it's already a steal....Forget low risk...NO RISK.....Once again, good job Danny.  I'd much rather have too much fruit on the branch and have to decide which ones I want most, than empty branches...

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
my son played at high level and most of the bigs were quite shy and wouldn't really bang -and i could see the result of being to big and strong and afraid to use that, as it would be like bullying,then others just wanted to hide from attention off the court, they were socially awkward-
my daughter used to cry about being too tall at six foot-called herself genetic misfit and my son athlete of year in school got bullied because had slight frame-he wound up 6-5 point guard--when i called rollie massamino 50yrs from playing for him -he said i remember you the skinny kid that was all over the court-thanks rollie
-i just can't believe the hits to the floor these guys take ,it really hurts when your skinny with no padding,  everything clanks when your thin-marcus with his physique still wears body armor
so over at okc they talked about lack of aggression and on and off motor-well sitting on bench for few years will do that -feeling a failure at the sport taiiored for you-and i remember going to washington as teenager and going to a bowling alley that was all black and being stared at funny-well i can imagine 6-11 going off to baylor would be quite daunting -noplace to hide-accept the courts

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
A no risk trade. Get a former lottery pick that is still young and still swapped 2nd round picks with the Thunder. No-brainer trade for the front office.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Isolated from the current roster I love this trade and really like Jones' potential fit in Stevens system. His versatility can be put on full display in BS's system.

His athleticism is absolutely elite. Where vertical leap can be a bit misleading due to variation in standing reach the max vert reach is a pure measurable. Jones III measured in at 12'-1.5" good for 30th all time on draft expresses records. Compared to current Cs Zeller 11'-6.5", Sully 11'-4.5", Mickey 11'-11.5", KO 11'-5". 

Looking at the current roster is is obviously going to be hard to figure out a big man rotation and get minutes to everyone. Both Jerebko and Jones have the ability to play some big 3 but I doubt that is an ideal situation with the nature of todays small ball loving NBA.

What I hope happens is DA is able to make a consolidation trade that eliminates at least one big from the rotation. I think Sully is the likely candidate. That would leave Lee, Amir,Zeller and KO as the 4 man rotation. Out of that group Lee (age) and Johnson (injury history) are both likely to average less them 30mpg and miss some games, neither KO or Zeller appear to be 30+ mpg guys though I think Zeller could be. That should leave minutes for Jerebko and Jones to fight over not to mention the occasional SF time.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
 c fan--nice post-everbody wants to find a diamond in the rough,all those posting wanting to pickup a red flag'd center after being kicked off two squads at 16 or jvale mcgee on potential including myself should very pleased with this project-if the kids wants to work brad will be the perfect coach-its a shame holmes can't be accomodated somehow

perry jones 111
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
is so much better than brandon wright,he might be better suited with dallas the suns or houston but was traded to celts in east -so he can't come back and bite them--

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
holmes has had a good summer league,whats his ceiling,this is a tough situation in a few months the whole landscape has changed-all these kids playing their hearts out and no space and next year it will be worse-marcus thornton has to go ,he almost lost the game last nite ,did a nice john wall 360 and airballed the shot-frazier should have made celts over pressy-