Author Topic: Start SHELDON tonight...!  (Read 3912 times)

Re: Start SHELDON tonight...!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Well,....gee Wallley, I don't think he is a point guard...but a, just watch more basketball, you'll figure it out...!

well,....gee med, check out the little winking smiley. you'll figure it out....!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
perhaps you have men for a binky....what ever that is......I am just about getting another good player in our rotation, like we did with leon powe......remember him..? Same deal here.....spelling the name, all that stuff....you guys have a really bad week or what.....

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 07:00:40 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well,....gee Wallley, I don't think he is a point guard...but a, just watch more basketball, you'll figure it out...!

keep your little winkty in your hand...where it always is.....

well,....gee med, check out the little winking smiley. you'll figure it out....!

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 07:10:36 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Well, I like this idea.  I think Sheldon should get a start.  Why should 'Sheed get it? Leave him as our 6th man.  Lets get Sheldon some PT.

TP to the OP.

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simply put, Shelden is not that good a player. He has his moments but to start for this team, even for one night, is just not a good notion. And....I'm being kind.

Shelden has a bad set of hands, is not a very good defensive player in this system, isn't a very good passer and is limited offensively. He is good for the role he plays which is the 5th big man role.

Tonight he will probably be called upon to give this team some minutes. I expect him, like he has for most of this year, to play his role and play it well. He'll rebound, he'll be a garbage man underneath and when teams double off him he'll get the ball for easy baskets.

That's what he does and it's what he does usually against second teamers for the most part.Starting, not a good idea.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I honestly thought this thread was a joke, but after reading it through, you guys are actually serious?

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
What was Atlanta thinking picking him at #5?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Lets think about it.

We want everyone thats going to be in our playoff rotation to know their roles and be ready/get ready as much as possible in these final games.

So.....  Why would we screw up that rotation?   Why would we start Sheed when hes now use to coming off the bench.  Why would we start Davis he's starting to get into his role. 

Starting anyone that doesn't regularly start that will be in our playoff bench rotation will just screw up their thinking and mind sets.

So who could we start that wont drastically change the entire rotation? Someone who's not even going to be in the rotation come playoff time.

Starting him might be a really really good idea!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
um... i'll stick with KG

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Perkins is listed as inactive for this game...you just might get your wish, Meadowlark_Scal. :)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I honestly thought this thread was a joke, but after reading it through, you guys are actually serious?
actually with perk out i would start shelden, he is a more physical presence than sheed and come playoffs sheed will be coming off the bench for his customary minutes while williams should not get 5 minutes a game
so it'll give him some burn and really not upset the apple cart any because 'sheed is used to coming off bench for 15-25 minutes depending on situations
and  ::) maybe it'll light a fire under rasheeds ass

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
um... i'll stick with KG

Ah, Perk is out... I'll take Wallace or Davis then. Despite his misses from the 3 point line, Wallace is outplaying Williams. As his Davis. Sheldon is just insurance at this point (even though i do like seeing him paired with Wallace).

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
and i should have added if shel does start and play any minutes he'll without a doubt in my mind have over 10 rebounds which is a celtic weak spot

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Other than as a curiosity, I don't see why you'd want to start Shelden.  We can argue about his skill level as much as people want; however, he's not going to sniff the floor come playoff time unless someone gets hurt.  And if someone gets hurt, he'll be playing with the bench, and someone from the bench (likely Sheed) would start. 

Thus, what Doc did was very much the right move.  Sheed gets more time with the starters which a) is what would happen if someone got hurt and b) is what likely happens in the playoffs when the rotation shortens.  And Shelden gets to play with the bench, which is exactly what would happen if someone got hurt.