Author Topic: Trading To The Kings and 76ers. What I think would be a good game plan.  (Read 4845 times)

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Everybody is talking trading to the Kings for Cousins, this I doubt is every going to happen.  But they could be a great trading partner.  They're looking to win and add good players.  The Celtics are looking to trade up to get WCS.  I think the Celtics should trade the 16th and the 28th pick with Zeller to the Kings for the 6th.  We draft WCS and gives us the future center to our team.  The 76ers have a player that has great interest to me with Noel.  With Embiid they'd be trying to run him and Noel together, but I think for them we have a piece that could interest them.  First off I'm a fan of trying to resign Sully because his skills fit what need more then KO.  I'd be offer the 76ers KO and the 45th pick in the draft, for Noel.  The Celtics keep the 33rd pick in the draft.  With this pick I believe we draft Christmas. 

So the team without adding any free agents besides Crowder who we'd resign would look as such.

Center - WCS, Noel
Power Forward - Sully, Christmas,
Small Forward - Turner, Crowder, Wallace (We keep him with or without stretch)
Shooting Guard - Bradley, Young
Point Guard - Smart, Thomas.

Free Agency is where we'd be able to upgrade in plenty of areas.  I just rather keep building through the draft and add in one big free agent this year, and then when the cap goes up even more next year we could add a bigger free agent. 

Let me what you think about this option, it's just a random idea, but think it's very doable with the pieces.   

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
Everybody is talking trading to the Kings for Cousins, this I doubt is every going to happen.  But they could be a great trading partner.  They're looking to win and add good players.  The Celtics are looking to trade up to get WCS.  I think the Celtics should trade the 16th and the 28th pick with Zeller to the Kings for the 6th.  We draft WCS and gives us the future center to our team.  The 76ers have a player that has great interest to me with Noel.  With Embiid they'd be trying to run him and Noel together, but I think for them we have a piece that could interest them.  First off I'm a fan of trying to resign Sully because his skills fit what need more then KO.  I'd be offer the 76ers KO and the 45th pick in the draft, for Noel.  The Celtics keep the 33rd pick in the draft.  With this pick I believe we draft Christmas. 

So the team without adding any free agents besides Crowder who we'd resign would look as such.

Center - WCS, Noel

Free Agency is where we'd be able to upgrade in plenty of areas.  I just rather keep building through the draft and add in one big free agent this year, and then when the cap goes up even more next year we could add a bigger free agent. 

Let me what you think about this option, it's just a random idea, but think it's very doable with the pieces.   

The trade for the #6 pick is a little biased toward us, but not unreasonably so, but the trade with the 6ers is just hilarious
I'm bitter.

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Not enough for the Kings, and not close for Sixers

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Lol, this is irony I think, no way the OP is serious with those trades (especially the 76ers trade) IMO.  Thanks for the laugh.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not enough for the Kings, and not close for Sixers

Exactly

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
A little more needed for the Kings.  Sixers deal DOA.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Drugs are bad, mkay?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think the trade with Sac is fair, and I would hesitate to do it. Zeller can be of a better value next season.
As for the trade with Philly, I do it, but I would be very worried Danny get arrested for it.

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Why would we want Noel and WCS to split 48 mins at the 5? Trade for one, not both.

And that Line-up would make Stevens (and the rest of the coaches in the league save for Flip and Byron Scott) puke because Smart and Bradley would be our two best shooters.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557
Why would you even want both WCS and Noel?  They're very similar players and couldn't play together effectively. 

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Assuming you're acquiring Noel as a backup center I guess that's a good package…….?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Center - WCS, Noel

Jeez if we had Noel and WCS they both would be playing and the inside would be locked down, I would bench Sully.   We need guys who can play defense.  Though I would be happy with one of these and a decent two way stretch four, that leaves Sully out.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Drugs are bad, mkay?

Cmon, they weren't realistic ideas, and I know what you're saying is meant as a joke, but c'mon. That's just mean.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If the Celtics are able to land Noel for Kelly Olynyk, I'll eat a whole plate of nachos.  Yes, I understand that in most of these circumstances people opt for eating their own hats or shoes, but I don't want to commit to something so wasteful.  I need my hat.  It rains a lot here in Seattle.   Shoes are expensive.   If it's any consolation, I'm mildly lactose intolerant.  I'm not going to die or anything, but eating a whole plate of nachos is going to make me extremely gassy.  My girlfriend will be annoyed.  Luckily, it's a risk worth taking, because #1 - I love nachos and #2 - There's no way in hell the 76ers give up Nerlens Noel for Kelly Olynyk. 

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I think the trade with Sac is fair, and I would hesitate to do it. Zeller can be of a better value next season.
As for the trade with Philly, I do it, but I would be very worried Danny get arrested for it.

Switching Zeller with Olynyk would get Sac to at least pick up the phone