Author Topic: Go after Stoudemire  (Read 11965 times)

Re: Go after Stoudemire
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just picture this: 

Amare and Rondo running the fast break, with Pierce trailing at the 3pt line.  mmmmmmmmmm
That team would sure be fun to watch. However, defense wins championships.

Apparently you didn't hear what happened.  Amare made a quick athletic defensive rotation, and Rondo got the steal.  Then the fast break began.

Try ruining that image in my head. 
I thought about that and it's an awesome image.

Once the fast break begins Rondo goes full speed until about the free throw line and then stops on a dime. The lone defender in front of him runs at him to pick him up. At that point Rondo throws an Alley to Amare that is the number one play on sportscenter.

On the last play of the game, Amare gets beat baseline for a layup that costs us the win.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Just picture this: 

Amare and Rondo running the fast break, with Pierce trailing at the 3pt line.  mmmmmmmmmm
That team would sure be fun to watch. However, defense wins championships.

Apparently you didn't hear what happened.  Amare made a quick athletic defensive rotation, and Rondo got the steal.  Then the fast break began.

Try ruining that image in my head. 
I thought about that and it's an awesome image.

Once the fast break begins Rondo goes full speed until about the free throw line and then stops on a dime. The lone defender in front of him runs at him to pick him up. At that point Rondo throws an Alley to Amare that is the number one play on sportscenter.

On the last play of the game, Amare gets beat baseline for a layup that costs us the win.

Which would never happen with our current team...

oh wait. Rashard, KG, AAAH!

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I think that we are all focusing on what this would do for the Celtics this year. I hate to break it to you guys but we aren't going to win a championship this year. Considering their age it is unlikely that we will win one next year with this same squad. This move would allow us to start fresh and build around Amare and Rondo provided Amare would be willing to re-sign with us. If not then we'd have the cap flexibility to go after someone else. With a Nate Robinson and a Marquis Daniels and others we could be a very uptempo squad. This old unit can no longer play the defense it once did to win a championship on that side of the ball, and aren't able to win it offensively either. Time to be grateful for the one we got and retool.

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Did anyone watch Amare last night against Dallas? Dude was on a mission. His block on Marion had me like  :o
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.