Author Topic: Can luke jackson play d in our system? if so...  (Read 10571 times)

Can luke jackson play d in our system? if so...
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
jackson has bounced around the league for years. while he has never found a good fit at the NBA level he is tearing it up in the d league.

while i would rather have a proven defender backing up pierce (j. moon) i wonder if danny would take a chance on the 6'7" sharpshooter.

Re: Can luke jackson play d in our system? if so...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
jackson has bounced around the league for years. while he has never found a good fit at the NBA level he is tearing it up in the d league.

while i would rather have a proven defender backing up pierce (j. moon) i wonder if danny would take a chance on the 6'7" sharpshooter.

Didn't he already, last year?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:02:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i'd rather sign boki nachbar. much better player.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Far more pressing questions are whether or not Eddie Gill can spread the floor and if David Monds can be the backup center we so desperately need.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Luke Jackson is not good enough to play here.

He's a borderline NBA player and certainly couldn't crack a contenders rotation.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 02:27:51 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Didn't he already, last year?

Ya he did although it was a couple years ago.  He traded Jackson for Dwayne Jones (or maybe it was the other way around).  Either way neither of them could play for us or anyone else
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Luke Jackson?  Wow.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 02:33:28 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
What's Frederic Weiss doing these days?

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Far more pressing questions are whether or not Eddie Gill can spread the floor and if David Monds can be the backup center we so desperately need.

Ignore the above comment.  I misinterpreted the thread.  I thought this was about picking a random crappy D-League player and theorizing how they would fit on the Celtics' inactive list.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I don't know, I think I would prefer to see Gerry McNamara over Eddie Gill.  Gerry's short wingspan would be a nice change of pace to gangly-armed Rondo.  It would take a while for the opposing team's defense to adjust.  Just a thought.

;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
What's Frederic Weiss doing these days?

He's in therapy after getting dunked on by Vince in the Olympics. 8+ years and counting.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
easy gent's

i noticed that he won the NBDL player of the week award.
also noticed we are lacking depth at the three. i know there are better players out there but few are available and fewer that could be acquired for cash.

my question (poorly articulated) was more along the lines of can a bit player like jackson find success in the right system.

anyway
fire away...

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
easy gent's

i noticed that he won the NBDL player of the week award.
also noticed we are lacking depth at the three. i know there are better players out there but few are available and fewer that could be acquired for cash.

my question (poorly articulated) was more along the lines of can a bit player like jackson find success in the right system.

anyway
fire away...

I hear you arctic.   But isn't Luke Jackson a poor man's Adam Morrison?

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

anyway
fire away...

Sure, but I think that system may be limited to Sioux Falls or Bakersfield.

I just don't think he can cut the mustard in the NBA.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
we don't need help at the three. heavn't you heard? Scal is really good, he plays GREAT d. he's really SMART. and he's an AWESOME teammate.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)