Author Topic: Speeding up to get Marbury  (Read 6007 times)

Speeding up to get Marbury
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Ignore the current record, and admit that the Celtics have to upgrade that bench to prevent another scary Playoff series. As it is now ,we have no single player to truly help the bench. SO, we should all agree that Marbury could definitely fit in with our bench, allowing House to be a true SG. So since we still have half of the MLE, isn't there a legal way for Ainge to convince Marbury to give up 2 or 2.5 mil of his contract so he could be waived and signed by Boston? I bet they could do that as long as Walch is involved.
Next to that, we should try a 10 day contract for Antoine, and also look into a 10 day offer to Miles possibly. Besides that, I would recommend looking into the health of Pollard, as well as trading a couple players for draft picks. We can't wait up on a title this year just to save the possibility of Bill Walker, Giddens, Pruitt, and/or BBD to be good. Someone's gotta go since noone will take Scal...even if we paid them...could we do that...
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Speeding up to get Marbury
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:52:34 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
We're gonna have scary playoff rounds regardless, and unless marbury can guard the Lebrons/Kobes , or rebound and defend the paint I dont think hes that important.

I wish we could just let this whole marbury pipe dream go..he wouldnt even be that big of a help, we're not going to be playing 4-5 benchers at once in the playoffs, our current bench gets the job done when mixed with the starters

Danny needs to find something better than Marbury
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:16:05 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:21:17 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Didn't we spend the entire MLE on House and Tony?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Ignore the current record, and admit that the Celtics have to upgrade that bench to prevent another scary Playoff series. As it is now ,we have no single player to truly help the bench. SO, we should all agree that Marbury could definitely fit in with our bench, allowing House to be a true SG. So since we still have half of the MLE, isn't there a legal way for Ainge to convince Marbury to give up 2 or 2.5 mil of his contract so he could be waived and signed by Boston? I bet they could do that as long as Walch is involved.
Next to that, we should try a 10 day contract for Antoine, and also look into a 10 day offer to Miles possibly. Besides that, I would recommend looking into the health of Pollard, as well as trading a couple players for draft picks. We can't wait up on a title this year just to save the possibility of Bill Walker, Giddens, Pruitt, and/or BBD to be good. Someone's gotta go since noone will take Scal...even if we paid them...could we do that...

This is one giant post full of bad ideas. Literally one right after the other. Marbury, Antoine, Miles, and then Scot Pollard. Wow...just Wow. I mean is Kedrick Brown not available?? Any other has been basketball players we can dredge up for this discussion?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:11:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
what for?? i rather try to get pargo and nachbar before marbury.

Also i like what gabe pruitt has done for us lately.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 03:46:28 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49

This is one giant post full of bad ideas. Literally one right after the other. Marbury, Antoine, Miles, and then Scot Pollard. Wow...just Wow. I mean is Kedrick Brown not available?? Any other has been basketball players we can dredge up for this discussion?

I've heard that Shawn Kemp could be looking for a place to play

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 07:40:39 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Didn't we spend the entire MLE on House and Tony?

No; Tony didn't count against the MLE, because we had his Bird Rights.  We used the MLE on House and Walker, and have around $2.3 million left.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:47 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Marbury really doesn't help us with anything besides a player that can probably create his own shot and score off the bench. We need a more versatile player for the 3 and a long big man first.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Marbury really doesn't help us with anything besides a player that can probably create his own shot and score off the bench. We need a more versatile player for the 3 and a long big man first.

I agree we do need these things, but is now the time to be picky?  I do think a big may become available, but it doesn't seem as if a 3 is going to come other then by trade, which we don't have many assets to use.
do it

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Yes, now is the time to be picky. Our roster is full right now so any move would require a cut player or traded one. I don't want another player to come to try to help us with a minor problem when major ones still loom, and have to trade a young player as a result of this nice experiment.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:27:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Unless Pruitt starts playing more aggressively in the minutes given, I think Marbury would be a big upgrade for our bench, especially offensively.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
where is nachbar?

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 09:50:27 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
where is nachbar?

i was thinking about raising the subject of nachbar on this board late last week when he was mentioned in ESPN article as "wanting to come back to the NBA". he's playing for the Red Army squad in Russia, and they can't afford to pay their players:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3855139&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

he's definitely a versatile offensive player, with size as a 3. is he any kind of defender?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Unless Pruitt starts playing more aggressively in the minutes given, I think Marbury would be a big upgrade for our bench, especially offensively.

Agreed.  Not that impressed with Pruitt unless he steps it up.  No, Pruitt would not do.  Pargo or Marbury, I'd take either one.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 10:04:16 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Don't think any of the above ideas make sense. Our biggest need is a big with length that can defend (Perk sub). We don't need smaller players. I'd rather have Ray Allen handle the point when Rondo is sitting than Pargo and definitely Marbury. The ideal at this point is Pruitt. He's getting more meaningful minutes and hopefully he can improve his game by playoff time. Whatever we do will be last minute when teams want to unload players. I think we do need a QUALITY addition to the team, not just anyone.