Author Topic: Suns consider trading Stoudemire- S.I.  (Read 12150 times)

Re: Suns consider trading Stoudemire- S.I.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I have to wonder what happened.  Amare was on fire in the beginning of the season, why the sudden tossing in of the towel?  I'd like to think some teams/players experience post-Celtics trauma, but it can't be that bad (besides I don't think it actually exists).

It doesn't seem like trading Amare is the answer for Phoenix anyway.  Nash is old, and Shaq is older, so unless they're planning to rebuild for 3-5 years down the road I don't see how any trade now would make them that much better.  I'm convinced some of those Western teams are above .500 because teams 10-15 have like a .300 win percentage.

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I have to wonder what happened.  Amare was on fire in the beginning of the season, why the sudden tossing in of the towel?  I'd like to think some teams/players experience post-Celtics trauma, but it can't be that bad (besides I don't think it actually exists).

It doesn't seem like trading Amare is the answer for Phoenix anyway.  Nash is old, and Shaq is older, so unless they're planning to rebuild for 3-5 years down the road I don't see how any trade now would make them that much better.  I'm convinced some of those Western teams are above .500 because teams 10-15 have like a .300 win percentage.

It's pretty funny since last year they did not want to trade him for KG I think. It's their loss... :)

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
How about this trading Nash and Stoudamire to Toronto?

PHX sends: Nash, Stoudamire (Recieves Bosh, Calderon & Parker)

TOR sends: Bosh, Calderon and Parker (Recieves Nash & Stoudamire)

There has been talk of shaking things up north of the border, so why not send the Canadian boy back where he belongs. Also, a change of scenery and a more open playing style will help Amare's game - almost like the old PHX days.

The exposure the Raps would get with Nash in town would be Huuuuuge.

PHX recieve Calderon and CB4, along with a capable sub in Parker. Calderon is a top young PG, whilst Bosh is more than capable of replacing Amare.  Both fit into Phoenix's new system better than Nash and Stat.

Bosh would obviously be a stumbling block in the trade, however, there has been talk of him opting out in 2010 anyways.

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Could you imagine Nash in LA?  What would the Lakers give up to have an *elite* PG next to Kobe for the next few years?

Fisher's defense isn't bad enough? Nash isn't going to be an elite pg for the next few years...

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

There has been talk of shaking things up north of the border, so why not send the Canadian boy back where he belongs. Also, a change of scenery and a more open playing style will help Amare's game - almost like the old PHX days.

PHX recieve Calderon and CB4, along with a capable sub in Parker. Calderon is a top young PG, whilst Bosh is more than capable of replacing Amare.  Both fit into Phoenix's new system better than Nash and Stat.

Bosh would obviously be a stumbling block in the trade, however, there has been talk of him opting out in 2010 anyways.

I don't see Toronto doing this deal.  They're giving up Calderon, Bosh, and Parker for a past prime Nash and Stoudemire.  Why would they ever want to give up Calderon for an aging Nash?  Calderon is a stud.  Bosh is playing at an All-Star level and it wouldn't be difficult to argue the case for CB4 over Amare. 

IMO, Toronto would be taking a significant step backwards with this trade

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I don't see Toronto doing this deal.  They're giving up Calderon, Bosh, and Parker for a past prime Nash and Stoudemire.  Why would they ever want to give up Calderon for an aging Nash?  Calderon is a stud.  Bosh is playing at an All-Star level and it wouldn't be difficult to argue the case for CB4 over Amare. 

without a doubt. toronto gets robbed in this deal.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Significant? Wow.

Sure, Nash is aging, but he is and will be better than Calderon for at least the next 3-4 years. Meanwhile, one could argue either side of the CB4/Stat fence. Those two are easily comparable - especially considering their age.

The financial boost for the Raps with Nash on the team should not be mistaken.  He would be a bigger drawcard for them than getting Lebron James.

Dont underestimate the power of the $.  I'm sure there are alot of owners out there would rather the money over the slight chance of earning an NBA title.

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Stoudemire is a selfish lazy player. Or, at the very least, has been acting like one for awhile.

Man Steve Kerr really needs to relax before he trades away that whole team. They have become so much worse since they changed up styles and GMs, no they were never going to win a championship the way they were built, but they clearly aren't going to win one now. Steve Kerr is reminding me of when Isaiah was in charge in NY, he couldn't stop himself from making moves, the two of them need to go to Traders Anonymous.

Why? They were probably a few suspensions away.

Besides that, agreed. Kerr must calm down or be fired.

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/87514-suns-consider-trading-stoudemire?eref=fromSI

I can't think of who they could get for Amare that would make them better.  It would have to be another PF since their roster looks pretty good at every other position.

Maybe Amare for Josh Smith and Pachulia?  I guess that could work, but I still think Atlanta would get the best of the deal.

Any more ideas?

I actually think is a good trade for Phoenix.  They get rid of the lazy Stoudemire for one really good and one decent player, both who actually play some defense.

Didn't they have a chance to trade him for KG, but thought Stoudemire was better than KG?  BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was thinking this exact same thing... I remembered they had a 3-way worked out with Minnesota and Atlanta and it fell apart, just couldn't remember if it was Atlanta or Phoenix that backed out of it.