Author Topic: Trade with Dallas?  (Read 3553 times)

Trade with Dallas?
« on: January 14, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
IF---the only way we can POSSIBLY improve our team SUBSTANTIALLY is by trade we're probably going to have to give up one of the big three. That said, RA is the only one I could see being moved.

This worked on the trade checker---what do you guys think?

We send: RA, TA, and BBD

We get: Josh Howard, Djop, Stackhouse

Howard is great talent, but a bit of head case. Djop, overpaid, but outstanding defender and good on boards(that big we've been looking for-sans offense).Stack can still score!

I would hate to see Ray go, but to give something of value is the only way we're gonna be able to swing a significant trade.

Re: Trade with Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I agree with you that RA would be most likely to be traded, but don't like the trade because I don't like Diop's contract, and don't want Stackhouse's either. 

What about RA+BBD to Milwaukee for Michael Redd + Dan Gadzuric?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I agree with you that RA would be most likely to be traded, but don't like the trade because I don't like Diop's contract, and don't want Stackhouse's either. 

Hmmm. I really wouldn't mind that one. You get Michael Redd who is also a great shooter but is younger.

As for the Dallas trade, I don't like it either. Josh Howard is.. ehhhh.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Hmmm. I really wouldn't mind that one. You get Michael Redd who is also a great shooter but is younger.

maybe if you can get howard and terry or howard and dampier.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i made a thread about the Ray/Redd thing, Michael Redd isn't THAT much younger.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 08:30:13 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
One other reason I like the trade is Howard, though not the pure shooter Ray is, is a very good all around player and 5 years younger than Ray--something we definitely need to be looking at. They have very similar stats. Diop would fill that backup role behind Perk and is only 26.  Stack would just be a stop gap and I believe has only one more year on his contract.
Some of the other thoughts about Redd interesting too, but while he's a lights out shooter, I don't think he's got that good an all around game. Maybe Villaneuva and him in some kind of package?

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 10:38:48 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I definitely don't like Howard, a good player, but a definite downgrade. The Redd trade is interesting, but I wonder if he would do well in an offense where he would be the third option, and his field goal attempts would drop significantly. I really like Gadzuric, he always plays well against the C's, but that's really the only time I see him, I have also heard more than once from Buck's fans (both of them) that he only plays well against the Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This would be a very good trade. But it's not going to happen.