Author Topic: Jamario Moon or Joey Graham  (Read 5338 times)

Jamario Moon or Joey Graham
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Any chance we can get any one of these guys from Toronto?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Jamario Moon or Joey Graham
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:32:54 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Assuming Toronto's willing to deal in the division, Joey Graham's probably easier than Moon. But we don't really need anther undersized power player. Moon would be a nice addition, but why would they trade him to us?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:28:12 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Assuming Toronto's willing to deal in the division, Joey Graham's probably easier than Moon. But we don't really need anther undersized power player. Moon would be a nice addition, but why would they trade him to us?

We most certainly do need a backup SF.  Why do you think we don't?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Well, I think they would trade Moon if they thought they wouldn't be able to afford him after this season, when he becomes a FA.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald

Well, I think they would trade Moon if they thought they wouldn't be able to afford him after this season, when he becomes a FA.

How much do you think Moon could get on the open market?  Is he worth the mid-level or more?  And if he is worth the mid-level, is that enough for Toronto to back off and trade him?  I think he'd be a perfect fit.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

How much do you think Moon could get on the open market?  Is he worth the mid-level or more?  And if he is worth the mid-level, is that enough for Toronto to back off and trade him?  I think he'd be a perfect fit.

Neh, he is likely looking at somewhere between $3-4 million per year.  Toronto can certainly afford him...but the question is whether they want to.  If they don't see him as a long term solution on their team, they may not want to have him on the books in 2010, when they are looking at a lot of cap space. 

Of course I am only speculating, but it is certainly possible they would think that way.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

How much do you think Moon could get on the open market?  Is he worth the mid-level or more?  And if he is worth the mid-level, is that enough for Toronto to back off and trade him?
I think Toronto should shop and sell of Jamario Moon right now. They shouldn't be willing to take on any contract that goes past 2010 unless it's a miniscule deal or an imperative piece of the puzzle. I don't see Moon supplying either. I think they'd likely make a mistake if they extended Moon this summer.

That said, I don't for a second think Bryan Colangelo will be open to this line of thinking. I think he'd rather hold onto Moon and let him play out the season (like he did with Mike James), then evaluate and decide how to handle the situation. I think it would take a pretty sweet offer for him to trade Moon prior to that .... probably something the Celtics wouldn't be willing to give up.

Chris, you posted a reply there, I like your estimate of $3-4mil. I too think Moon has a good shot at making that type of money.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »

Offline flexilexi

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I was thinking about Moon after the Toronto home and home, he would be nice addition, although he is not much of a 3 point shooter.  Would Toronto give him up if we take some of their garbage with him?  Not sure if they want Kapono at 5.7 mil next season.  A Kapono/Moon for Allen/Scal+pick.  [Could + another minim guy (Pruit, Walker, BBD, etc.) if Tor wants] would work salary cap wise.  Celts get a wing SF defender and another sniper off the bench. 

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I prefer Delfino to both of them. And Delfino we could try to acquire without giving up anything of value, except his salary.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Toronto Jamario Moon
6-8 SF from Meridian (CC)
7.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.5 minutes 
  Jason Kapono
6-8 SF from UCLA
8.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 24.5 minutes 
Boston Outgoing Players
  J.R. Giddens
6-5 SG from New Mexico
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.0 minutes
  Tony Allen
6-4 SG from Oklahoma State
7.9 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.7 minutes
  Eddie House
6-1 PG from Arizona State
7.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17.0 minutes

This is the best deal I can come up with - There are impediments to doing this deal -such as House having to approve this trade (He gives up his Bird rights). I selected Toronto because they are a playoff outsider and we do not play them the rest of this season. Moon is an impending FA and I believe they will have trouble signing him due to the upcoming deal they need to complete with Bosh. They will be looking to deal Jermaine O'Neal perhaps to the Knicks because he is a big contract expiring the same time as Lebron James. Please rate and comment. 
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I prefer Delfino to both of them. And Delfino we could try to acquire without giving up anything of value, except his salary.

I don't think we have enough money to get him to come over, do we? 

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
here's some info on his contract. remember the euro is taking a beating right now so those super lucrative deals are not quite what they were, tho they are still net of tax which makes it tough for nba franchises to compete with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Delfino
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I don't think we have enough money to get him to come over, do we? 

I think we do. How much money have we left from the MLE? $3 million? I think that's (more than) enough to get him. Make him an offer while Toronto is close to the luxury tax threshold, they won't match.