Author Topic: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other  (Read 59715 times)

Re: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2015, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Again thank you Danny

Rondo will be playing for another team after this season.

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
You can say what you want about Rondo, but personally I'm not very impressed with Carlisle.

For all of Doc's "coaching" he was able to keep Rondo very productive and Stevens had Rondo just a couple months ago playing completely differently than this.

And Rondo isn't the only player in Dallas having a noticably down year. Anyone following Parsons? He isn't playing at last year's level either. What's the excuse there?

The Mavs are a stacked team and they aren't playing like one. I put that at Carlisle's feet. Now he's got Amare to help. Let's see how that goes.

You do remember that Carlisle won a title in 2011, right?

Yeah and Doc won a title, too.
Wow. Doc really worked some miracles with that team full of Hall of Famers and all stars.
How are the Clippers doing?

lol they seemed to be slipping a bit in the west rankings. I attribute some of that to the competitiveness out there and the loss of Blake, but if they can't come out of the west this year I wonder who will get the blame...

....at least it won't be Rondo.

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
You can say what you want about Rondo, but personally I'm not very impressed with Carlisle.

For all of Doc's "coaching" he was able to keep Rondo very productive and Stevens had Rondo just a couple months ago playing completely differently than this.

And Rondo isn't the only player in Dallas having a noticably down year. Anyone following Parsons? He isn't playing at last year's level either. What's the excuse there?

The Mavs are a stacked team and they aren't playing like one. I put that at Carlisle's feet. Now he's got Amare to help. Let's see how that goes.

God I had practically forgotten. You know it's not 2011, right?

You know the last time Rondo was any good was 2012, right?

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Good for the Mavs to back up Carlisle. Rondo's baggage doesn't match his game anymore.

He's had issues with everyone. From his HS coach who suspended him for 12 games, with Tubby Smith at Kentucky, with Doc, with Stevens (birthday party incident), with refs, with a cameraman, with Heat sideline reporter Jason Jackson, and now with Carlisle.

Glad you've been keeping score.

You've got more dirt on Rondo than the FBI......

It's no secret, his apologists just like to keep their eyes tightly closed and pretend he's a boy scout.

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2015, 05:26:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Wow. Doc really worked some miracles with that team full of Hall of Famers and all stars.

lol they seemed to be slipping a bit in the west rankings. I attribute some of that to the competitiveness out there and the loss of Blake, but if they can't come out of the west this year I wonder who will get the blame...

Heh.  Ya'll remember Rondo's last pre-injury season where he was putting up the best stats of his career?  We were below .500 until he got injured.  The offense immediately improved, KG and Pierce gave it one last go and we rallied into the playoffs. 

KG and Pierce join the Nets - make the playoffs together... Rondo toils away on a bottom 5 team without them. 

This is a narrative that seemed to get a lot of backlash over the last couple years from Rondo apologists.   Does this Mavs situation pretty much prove it?

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2015, 05:31:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Good for the Mavs to back up Carlisle. Rondo's baggage doesn't match his game anymore.

He's had issues with everyone. From his HS coach who suspended him for 12 games, with Tubby Smith at Kentucky, with Doc, with Stevens (birthday party incident), with refs, with a cameraman, with Heat sideline reporter Jason Jackson, and now with Carlisle.

It's no secret, his apologists just like to keep their eyes tightly closed and pretend he's a boy scout.

Or, perhaps his apologists just tend to remember the Good Times he had in BOS, along with Ray, Perk, KG and PP.....you know, "The Starting Five that never lost a Series".

Boy those were good times.........right?

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Heh.  Ya'll remember Rondo's last pre-injury season where he was putting up the best stats of his career?  We were below .500 until he got injured.  The offense immediately improved, KG and Pierce gave it one last go and we rallied into the playoffs. 

KG and Pierce join the Nets - make the playoffs together... Rondo toils away on a bottom 5 team without them. 

This is a narrative that seemed to get a lot of backlash over the last couple years from Rondo apologists.   Does this Mavs situation pretty much prove it?

No, not really. You'd have to examine the strength of schedule and some other things -- like a slumping courtney lee and Jason Terry. Correlation =/= causation.

It is true that the last time Rondo was worth talking about for his on-the-court play was in 2012, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Or, perhaps his apologists just tend to remember the Good Times he had in BOS, along with Ray, Perk, KG and PP.....you know, "The Starting Five that never lost a Series".

So he gets carte blanche? Awesome stuff.

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2015, 05:37:03 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203

Apparently he and Carlisle had another altercation in the locker room after the game (see last comment) Maybe that's what drew the suspension. 

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1374778#start_here

"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2015, 05:37:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
It's being reported that he had a second incident with Carlisle in the locker room following the game.

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think rondo's personality has just deteriorated since that season before he got injured. don't know why, don't really care either.

I do know there was a time when he was amazing to watch, there was a time when he was the best player on the floor, and there was also a time when we won games because of him.

i'm ok with remembering him this way. some C's fans refuse to admit it. and they're the same ones that insist on bringing up stuff like this so they feel good about themselves because they get to say "ha I told ya so".

he doesn't play for us anymore. let's just move on.

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Well, as a fan that's what I do.

I'm certainly not going to share with my sons or my friends or co-workers the "bad" times, lol.....I don't think many fans do.

Only the ones with a personal agenda or bent towards a player or players will remember the miniscule dirt on the players they watch.

« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Yes, and if DAL plays into June with Rondo onboard and making significant contributions then, in your world - it will be because of Dirk, Tyson, Monta or Amare - instead of Rondo.

Or, if they lose out, then it "won't" be because of an aging Dirk or Tyson..........

« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Well, as a fan that's what I do.

I'm certainly not going to share with my sons or my friends or co-workers the "bad" times, lol.....I don't think many fans do.

Only the ones with a personal agenda or bent towards a player or players will remember the miniscule dirt on the players they watch.

So you turn a blind eye to all his incidents? When do the free passes stop?

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

God I had practically forgotten. You know it's not 2011, right?

You know the last time Rondo was any good was 2012, right?
Oh 2012. So thaaaatt's when he led the league in assists and his position at rebs.