Author Topic: Bradley Beal trade idea Yaay or Nay?  (Read 9687 times)

Re: Bradley Beal rumored trade Yaay or Nay?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 08:36:41 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We should never trade Brown or Tatum to get better. We should only trade them to position the team for a legitimate shot at a championship.

Beal is very, very good, but he doesn't put us in position to win a title.

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brown, Smart, Langford, MEM #1, MIL #1,  BOS #1 2021, BOS #1 2023?

To me, that’s the package you move for a top-5 player or somebody who puts you over the top. Beal doesn’t fit either category.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 08:55:41 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This is just an idea, not a rumor, but to answer the question...yaay

We'd have a lethal backcourt of Kemba and Beal and with that type of offense, you can afford going small and would still have Hayward and Tatum at the 3 and 4.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 08:58:05 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
In a vacuum Jaylen, Smart and a pick or two is pretty good, but the backcourt wouldn't fit at all (Kemba-Beal is arguably a worse fit than Westbrook-Harden).

Respectfully disagree. Harden is just a player who constantlys need the ball in his hands 46 out of 48 minutes in a game to be successful.
With Westbrook, I just think his problem is not so much ball hogging as much as it is being a total dink in public who got outdone by a better team in the playoffs in Portland.

I think Kemba and Beal would work just fine together.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 08:59:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I thought I saw this idea kicked around in a different thread yesterday.  didn't like it then.  don't like it now.   
- Beal's an all-star SG which is great but Brown is a better defender and his offense starting coming back around the last half of last year as well as the playoffs.  I'd be hard-pressed to do a straight-up deal with those 2 nevermind throwing in Smart, Langford and picks.

Brown may not get to the same level as Beal but I really believe if he doesn't he won't be that far off -- certainly not enough to justify throwing in all those other assets.  Also, the Kyrie and AD episodes make me a bit gunshy trading for a player that may not want to commit to playing in Boston after their current deal

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Absolutely not a rumor, the title should be changed to bloggers idea.

On Bill Simmons podcast he was speculating that Miami would be willing to take on Wall and Beal.  However, he believes Portland would be the team that has the best to offer for Beal.  I’m not sure how he would fit with their guards.  He doesn’t see Beal being traded until December. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:00 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm not in favor of trading Smart. With he and Morris gone who'll provide the heart on this team...Brown? Tatum? No way.

I'd rather take a look at what we already have until the season trading deadline. Besides we need a PF.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

On Bill Simmons podcast he was speculating that Miami would be willing to take on Wall and Beal.  However, he believes Portland would be the team that has the best to offer for Beal.  I’m not sure how he would fit with their guards.  He doesn’t see Beal being traded until December.
wouldn't it just be McCollum for Beal?  I don't see any other trade that would remotely make sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 09:29:22 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
That would be a horrible trade. No way Danny would get fleeced like that.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Most everyone realizes that, without an unusual uptick in team chemistry, we probably need to consolidate our wings. I'm not sure we will, but we see the logjam.

But don't let that affect your opinion of value.

Jaylen Brown is a special talent. With his team controlled contract, upside, and two-way play, his value might be roughly equal to two years of Beal. I don't know if he can be as prolific of a scorer or make quite the same name as Beal has.

Still, this guy can play against the best wings in the NBA and hold his own. He can play deep into the playoffs and fit around other guys that need the ball in their hands a lot. He's developing into an ideal second or third guy that could play on a championship team. That's not easy to find.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I really don't see what is so special about Beal..

That being said, heck no!

So we lose our two best defenders, give up Langford, and picks? Ummm... Nah, I'm 100% never ever going to do that. Also Brown fits our team better, Steven will build an offense that allows all players to benefit with looks. And I wonder how weak our back court defense will be, along with our already heavily exploited front court defense. It isn't worth it, plus if Beal comes here, who becomes the 3rd option?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

wouldn't it just be McCollum for Beal?  I don't see any other trade that would remotely make sense.

That or they trade Whiteside and a bunch of picks then unload McCollum for Aaron Gordon or someone like that who could help out the front court more.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 10:55:35 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I like Beal, but I'm not sure that any deal built around Brown & Smart for Beal really gets the Celtics anything.

Beal is better at creating his own shot than either Brown or Smart. That's the advantage to adding him, but you sacrifice depth and defense at the same time.

Smart is in the second year of a new deal. If Brown signs an extension, the Celtics are in a pretty good position with those 2 players. There's really no need to move them for Beal.

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 10:56:11 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Which makes no sense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 10:57:32 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

That or they trade Whiteside and a bunch of picks then unload McCollum for Aaron Gordon or someone like that who could help out the front court more.

I still want a hayward for gordon swap.

Would be a dream scenario imo.

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
Gordon
Kanter

Smart 6th

Fultz
Ross
Hayward
Isaac