Author Topic: Woj: Kawhi still prefers going to LA next season. Lol raptor fans  (Read 6074 times)

Re: Woj: Kawhi still prefers going to LA next season. Lol raptor fans
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 11:53:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So pretty much nothing has changed since Kawhi was traded. Cool.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:13:20 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I used to like Kawhi. Anyone who wants that badly to play in L.A. should not be esteemed.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:23:27 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Toronto needs to trade him to LA or lose him for nothing and set that franchise back for a long time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:46:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Every big name is apparently going there.
Even when they actually don't.
In the last 10 years, out of many (LMA, PG13, CP, Dwight, prime Melo, oh and Kawhi too...) big names that were rumored to go there or stay there, only one, LeBron did.

Fans read too much into these slow day reports, putting words in Kawhis mouth even though journalists make these up and Kawhi being silent as a woman fart.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 05:00:39 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Toronto needs to trade him to LA or lose him for nothing and set that franchise back for a long time

Maaaaybe LA would do Luol and a couple of first rounders just to guarantee it... Why not just wait though?

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
This is absurd. Of course nothing has changed since he was traded there. Its bee  half an off season. Now this report coming 3/4 of the way through the season, with TOR sitting second in the East is a story.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Bold prediction: he'll stay in Toronto.

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This is absurd. Of course nothing has changed since he was traded there. Its bee  half an off season. Now this report coming 3/4 of the way through the season, with TOR sitting second in the East is a story.

That's not the story, just a line in the story. That said, nothing absurd about it. The Raptors are making moves to entice Leonard to re-sign.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Maaaaybe LA would do Luol and a couple of first rounders just to guarantee it... Why not just wait though?

Kawhi was previously reportedly more interested in the Clippers than playing with Lebron on the Lakers. If the Lakers want to guarantee it, they will have to do a lot better than that.

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Kawhi was previously reportedly more interested in the Clippers than playing with Lebron on the Lakers. If the Lakers want to guarantee it, they will have to do a lot better than that.

He was also "reported" to have texted Lebron and telling him he'd love to play with him back in early summer.

Who knows what the truth is? I suspect you're right, Kawhi will wind up with the Clips.

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I would say close to zero chance he will stay in Toronto- Call me crazy but a choice between cold winters and higher taxes vs Sunshine and the Ocean...I know which I am choosing most of the time. He wants to be in the spotlight, Toronto no matter how competitive they will be will never have a big enough spotlight for his ego. Ego will follow the stars and light....Toronto does not offer that for him.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I would say close to zero chance he will stay in Toronto- Call me crazy but a choice between cold winters and higher taxes vs Sunshine and the Ocean...I know which I am choosing most of the time. He wants to be in the spotlight, Toronto no matter how competitive they will be will never have a big enough spotlight for his ego. Ego will follow the stars and light....Toronto does not offer that for him.
right. that is why hayward went to miami during free agency instead of boston with its brutal winters. and how about all those other stars who chose LA over other cities the past few years? and remember tim duncan bailing on San Antonio, a nothing city in the middle of nowhere? SA just couldn't beat those beaches and ocean in LA.

and then we have marcus aldridge turning down San Antonio's offer once he had the interview with Kobe and the beaches of LA. did SA really think they had a chance with him?

not everyone love beaches every day. may we please put this tired, repeatedly wrong narrative to rest?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
right. that is why hayward went to miami during free agency instead of boston with its brutal winters. and how about all those other stars who chose LA over other cities the past few years? and remember tim duncan bailing on San Antonio, a nothing city in the middle of nowhere? SA just couldn't beat those beaches and ocean in LA.

and then we have marcus aldridge turning down San Antonio's offer once he had the interview with Kobe and the beaches of LA. did SA really think they had a chance with him?

not everyone love beaches every day. may we please put this tired, repeatedly wrong narrative to rest?

You’re right, SA does well in recruiting. Maybe they will be in play for Kawhi once he enters free agency...

As for Hayward, I’m pretty sure it’s easy to connect the dots as to why he chose Boston.

I do believe Kawhi has every intention of going home to play with one of the LA teams, but a year is a long enough time to change his mind. We all saw what happened with Paul George (although who knows how badly the Lakers wanted him once they knew LeBron was actually possible).

Whether he stays or bolts, I think this was a risk the Raptors needed to take.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
You do realize that Toronto is the 6th largest market in the NBA.  It is a growing thriving international city.  It is an absolutely incredible place to live with a lot to do.  Sure it is colder than most of the other NBA cities, but it isn't so much colder than about half the markets in the league (including Boston) that you would eliminate it as a place to live. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip