Author Topic: Online Dating  (Read 21884 times)

Online Dating
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
So after breaking up with my girl friend, I'm taking a shot at online dating. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I'm a good looking guy: nice smile, have all my hair, in great shape, etc. I've even got a new car and a college education. I'm a catch.

So where does that leave me in the online dating world? With nothing. My response rate is probably 5%. Yeah, I do message the most attractive women, but that's only because I know what my equal is and I'm not going to settle for less.

I've on Match, POF, and OKC. I try to mix it up. I send out different kinds of messages. I've tried to find common interests in profiles, use a random subject header to stand out, focus on something specific, just introduce myself, write three or four paragraphs like a poet, etc, etc. Just about nothing works. No women respond. And when they do, it's usually mindless and boring. Sometimes it will lead to texting and then sometimes they just vanish out of no where.

Nearly all the profiles of women are the same (so coming up with something "interesting" to say is infinitely more difficult than it should be.) If you've never tried online dating, let me summarize them for you.

1) All women are world travelers. They just love to travel! If you're not a traveler, you are a chauvinistic, conservative, philistine who isn't cultured.

2) All women are vegetarians or vegans even though they eat poultry and fish.

3) All women just love their job! Even if it's just as a cashier at CVS or working as some other menial drone.

4) All women of course love to go out or stay in. Obviously.

5) All women love their friends and family and would do anything for them.

And that's it, folks.

It's not unusual to find solely photos of women dolled up for the ball who snapped pictures at the perfect angle complimented by the perfect lighting. These make them look infinitely more attractive than they are in real life. But whatever I guess.

Another thing is it's almost always the same people on these sites over and over again. Like, do they even want a relationship? Are they just using it for casual sex? Or do they use it as an ego boost and just sort through the 30 plus emails they get a day from the desperate, randy men who populate the internet?

Whatever it is, it is clearly depressing. For example, as I said before, I am a pretty attractive guy. And yet, women who are 6's (slightly overweight, etc) are being treated like royalty.

The whole online thing is just weird. Profiles are weird. Pictures are weird. The people are weird. It's sort of like in basketball, I guess, when the defense is leaving you open, it doesn't necessarily mean you should shoot. These women are available for a reason. I'm sure there's something wrong with 50% of them. Imagine meeting someone in person, and the first thing they started doing was bragging about how they have been to Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Somalia, and Australia. And then said "I work as a bank teller and I just love my job!"

It's so weird...

Re: Online Dating
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:16:45 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Don't forget David Sedaris, NPR, and everything but rap and country. Online dating is a seller's market for women. The balance of power isn't shifting any time soon, so you'll have to learn to live with it. You will get a better response rate if you are less picky about who you choose to contact.

The best way to meet somebody is still through mutual real-life connections, but there are some success stories for the cesspool of the online world. Good luck with it.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Gee.......you are young aren't you ....LOL.   

Ok.......it's a gene all women have

Especially today

All women want....

Security ........

And

More times than not ...

Security = Money or assets ........family fortune, land , or marrying a doc or lawyer if they are handy.

Guys just go with the flow .....women are not usually programed for having no backup plan or extra boyfriend  in case they lose one....LOL...but they are out there.

I married a successful  woman ...... Self made .....has not of the traits that frustrate you.....she wanted me for all the things you have going for you ,  the correct things that matter .......she wanted somebody she could rely on.

You are looking in all the wrong places......look at places where reasonable and responsible people hang out.  Unless you just want one night stands forever ...LOL .. ;D

Look for TALL educated women

Tall beautiful women often get over looked ......little shorty girls with low brains and big boobs are bad news.  , especially blondes. Ask Tim Duncan and million other guys

So there

No charge ......good luck

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:55:06 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Especially today

All women want....

Security ........

And

More times than not ...

Security = Money or assets ........family fortune, land , or marrying a doc or lawyer if they are handy.

Guys just go with the flow .....women are not usually programed for having no back plan or boyfriend ......but they are out there.

I married a successful  woman ...... Self made ........she wanted me for all the things you have going for you ,  the correct things that matter .

You are looking in all the wrong places.

Tall beautiful women often get over looked ......little shorty girls with low brains and big boobs are bad news.  , especially blondes. Ask Tim Duncan and million other guys

So there

Solid advice. There's a caveat, though. While my list height is about 5'9. I'm really only 5'7. It's just harder for me to land the tallies.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:02:20 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Most Online Dating Profiles are fake anyways. That's why they say all the same things.

Just try meeting women in the real world.
Go to events, concerts and shows, or clubs/bars (if you're in desperation mode LOL)
Like you said, you are a catch.
I'm sure you'd have no problem meeting ladies in real life.

Good luck, kid.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 12:04:46 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Online dating has a lot of success stories. But if you're young, I think the problem isn't that you're young, not that online dating isn't working.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Especially today

All women want....

Security ........

And

More times than not ...

Guys just go with the flow .....women are not usually programed for having no back plan or boyfriend ......but they are out there.

I married a successful  woman ...... Self made ........she wanted me for all the things you have going for you ,  the correct things that matter .

You are looking in all the wrong places.

So there

Solid advice. There's a caveat, though. While my list height is about 5'9. I'm really only 5'7. It's just harder for me to land the tallies.

Well.......that's all high school thinking again.

I'm short my wife is 5 '10 .......most of her friends are are tall slim model types.   All their husbands are shorter......my wife played women's volleyball in college , very athletic .

I always  chased the long legged model types in college .

Oh I dated a bunch of 5 ft blondes in high school cheerleaders ......all the same .......fun to date......but most were air heads ,  wanted to marry the quarter back and have babies .....haa. ....zero ambition other than get fat and divorced .

In college their were tons of tall  women , with good careers  ahead of them and brains

Your basing your picking too much on physical and not enough on substance

If you want a bimbo .....well...your going to need a bank full of money to make her stick......that's old guys trophy wife ...LOL

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
To build off what ShaqAttack says,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7myjFBwDlIk&sns=em

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 12:31:45 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Online dating has a lot of success stories. But if you're young, I think the problem isn't that you're young, not that online dating isn't working.

Yes .......I think this  is very true .........too many people take several bad relationships to finally understand what love really is.

Make a list  of what is important to you in a woman , actually sit down and force yourself to write it down .....it takes guts to realize what you want and what you need in somebody maybe totally diff than you think.

The little short bimbo blondes ,  get pg,, fat , uninteresting and tossed aside .....dime a dozen  when your 40 years old ...LOL all divorced and SOL .....

Find a person with  a real life,  ...interesting .....fun to be with.....and wants you for you ......not your money.

If you want a bimbo.......then. Save your money up.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Yeah, I'm always surprised when you see the numbers on online dating.  Way more successful than I would've assumed.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 12:33:47 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Call me crazy, but I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that Shaqattack is not a fan of short women.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 12:38:42 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
Call me crazy, but I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that Shaqattack is not a fan of short women.

Or blondes either...

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah, I'm always surprised when you see the numbers on online dating.  Way more successful than I would've assumed.

I think the secret is that you have to have your crap together. You have to have seen enough bull to know a good thing when you have it, and have the inner know how or experience from screwing up to know how to pick your battles, and take care of what you've got. And then you've got to meet someone who has had similar lessons taught or always known. Cast a wide net, keep an open mind , and don't take it too personally when it doesn't work out.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:29 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Define success.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 01:55:35 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
there are some jewels online, trust me I have been through the online scene. Problem is you have to wade through a lot of scum to get to the jewels.

Most of the women online are just looking for fun, a few are scammers so beware. If you are lucky you will find a nice demure woman who is not interested in the bar scene.

Try some serious chat rooms that have a theme that interests you. You need a plan. Don't hang on too long before you meet in person. You don't want to get emotionally hooked before you see what you are dealing with. Never go by the profile pic.