Author Topic: Does anybody else consider their TP to Total Comment Ratio, or do I have OCD?  (Read 15864 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I feel like if I don't get them every 15 posts or so, then it means I'm spewing nonsense and then I get self conscious.  I do like the system overall and I can't think of any sites that do a good job with similar "stats" - Reddit's whole upvoting thing is terrible, for instance.  The thing though is that I fully realize nobody even cares how many TPs other people have. I think I just used to play too many FPS where I was super focused on k/d ratios and it's bled into the rest of my life.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I feel like if I don't get them every 15 posts or so, then it means I'm spewing nonsense and then I get self conscious.  I do like the system overall and I can't think of any sites that do a good job with similar "stats" - Reddit's whole upvoting thing is terrible, for instance.  The thing though is that I fully realize nobody even cares how many TPs other people have. I think I just used to play too many FPS where I was super focused on k/d ratios and it's bled into the rest of my life.
just gave you one.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
just gave you one.

Me too. You now have two more posts that you can fill full of "spewed nonsense"
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

Lol, while you're probably more OCD than me, I can't deny that the whole "TP:Post ratio" line of thinking doesn't enter my mind once in a while. Besides, it's always a great feeling to get a TP. TP for you, sir.
- LilRip

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Surprisingly (or not), we've had some times where users have cared "too much" about TPs of others and we've had a few TP-Gates.

Then there are people who simply don't care.

For people that do care, its probably worth noting that many people who were here for the 2010 Finals wagering TP points on the Celtics winning so a bunch of people just bounced back to zero after the Celts' loss and threw off their TP to Total Comment raios.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet your a happy fellow seeking all that approval from others....

here is another TP, I 'd give you a gold star if I could too.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
your plea for tps is heard and your request is granted....life is good, but life is even better when surrounded by tps.

by my count you are now up to 44.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Surprisingly (or not), we've had some times where users have cared "too much" about TPs of others and we've had a few TP-Gates.

For people that do care, its probably worth noting that many people who were here for the 2010 Finals wagering TP points on the Celtics winning so a bunch of people just bounced back to zero after the Celts' loss and threw off their TP to Total Comment raios.

I eat fools with few TPs for breakfast.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
I bet your a happy fellow seeking all that approval from others....

here is another TP, I 'd give you a gold star if I could too.

Ha, you're just jealous of my 9.128630705% TP conversion ratio.  That means that I must be cool! 

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker

As in they were stripped of their TPs as punishment for betting or in that they lost TP bets and the mods manually reduced their count?  Because while getting them via a bet sort of cheapens the "you get TPs for making good points or being funny" aspect of it, those are some pretty high stakes and it would certainly keep me interested.  Tough call.  Plus me starting this thread to begin with kind of cheapens it too, so who am I to talk?

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I care zero about the ratio. I only comment when I have something that might help some serious thinker to understand something. When I get a response that shows some real thinking, that is meaningful to me. Likewise I don't give out tons of TPs. However when someone shows some real insight I acknowledge by comment and TP. In life it is not about the trivial connection, it is about really reaching someone at a thoughtful level. I have read a zillion books but the ones that caused me to change my thinking about life or myself are the ones that matter and those are relatively small in number.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, mine have been wiped out a number of times. Every time the site has been 're-vamped' it zeroed out all posts and tps. The finals wager was the biggie, but then Kiorrik upped the ante the next year before the playoffs even began...darn you Kiorrik!!!  ;)

In all fairness, it seems the majority of tps come from game threads, which is about the only part of this site in which I don't partake. That is your best bet. I used to look at my ratio, but I am still pretty much a nobody around here; however, I just can't seem to stay away.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

As in they were stripped of their TPs as punishment for betting or in that they lost TP bets and the mods manually reduced their count?  Because while getting them via a bet sort of cheapens the "you get TPs for making good points or being funny" aspect of it, those are some pretty high stakes and it would certainly keep me interested.  Tough call.  Plus me starting this thread to begin with kind of cheapens it too, so who am I to talk?

Not stripped per see.  A bunch of us bet all our TP's that the Celtics would beat the Lakers.  When the C's lost, we went back to zero.

Those things are cheapened already, IMO.  You have fantasy games that involve TP payouts, TPs are used in trades during the CB Draft, there's cliques that try to pump each other up with TPs for no apparent reason, people have even set up ghost accounts to pump up the TP totals of people.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

As in all your TP's for the C's/Lakers series. Double or nothing.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I demand the TPs I lost in 2010 back!!!!!!!!!

Jk
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6