Author Topic: Rozier is a "winner"  (Read 2556 times)

Re: Rozier is a "winner"
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 05:52:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Puma approves of the thread title.  :D

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 05:55:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Yeah what a significant sample size ::)

Rozier is redundant and hopefully not a Celtic for long

It really isnt small, he starts, Celtics win, and visibly went deep into playoffs.

Except on the road, where he was markedly worse in the playoffs. So right now, he's good as a starter - at home. That's a really small niche to be in.

A lot of teams are terrible at home, if they were so bad at road , how bad were the other teams? They were just as bad.

the 08 celtics were bad on the road as well, its just how basketball in the playoffs is.

Somehow you guys are basketball fans but dont know this. Mind boggling stuff.

Could say the same for you.

Gordon Hayward for Bertans   get it done ainge

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 05:56:19 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

It really isnt small, he starts, Celtics win, and visibly went deep into playoffs.

Except on the road, where he was markedly worse in the playoffs. So right now, he's good as a starter - at home. That's a really small niche to be in.

A lot of teams are terrible at home, if they were so bad at road , how bad were the other teams? They were just as bad.

the 08 celtics were bad on the road as well, its just how basketball in the playoffs is.

Of course, say that. You will never back any of it up with facts.

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 05:57:13 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

Wait, so is it teams or Rozier?

Celtics win, it's Rozier?  But if the Celtics lose, it's because a lot of teams are bad on the road.

You just contradicted yourself.  Also, crapping on others' basketball knowledge wouldn't endear you much here.  If people are going out of their way to post on a basketball message board here, you can be sure they understand how teams historically play at home versus on the road.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 05:58:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Rofl. Attacks fans for not thinking the same nonsense as himself, then has the audacity to imply he backs it up with facts. Alright there bud
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 06:00:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Have you looked in a mirror recently? None of your posts are even backed up with facts.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Hey, you're the one who called the guy a "winner" (whatever that means) as a starter. Don't get mad when people look at all the stats. I'm still waiting for someone to give me the list of qualifications that determines whether a player is a "winner" or a "loser". So far, we've determined that Rozier is a league average point guard when he starts... at home... except in game 7's.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

Celtics win, it's Rozier?  But if the Celtics lose, it's because a lot of teams are bad on the road.

You just contradicted yourself.  Also, crapping on others' basketball knowledge wouldn't endear you much here.  If people are going out of their way to post on a basketball message board here, you can be sure they understand how teams historically play at home versus on the road.

Lol its like you are arguing with yourself trying to create a narrative so you can get yourself triggered and respond. You are basically talking to the air.

Nobody said anything. The contradictions are the ones who think Rozier is a horrible player. He is a scapegoat imo.

Has he played bad, yes, but so many players do, Morris was horrible , Smart was horrible,  Brown , Horford. They all have been horrible.

Now some will say we cant or wont sign him anyway so who cares. Which I agree.

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 06:02:05 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

Hey, you're the one who called the guy a "winner" (whatever that means) as a starter. Don't get mad when people look at all the stats. I'm still waiting for someone to give me the list of qualifications that determines whether a player is a "winner" or a "loser". So far, we've determined that Rozier is a league average point guard when he starts... at home... except in game 7's.

Yes he is a winner. The team wins when he plays, plain and simple lol. While you are babbling to yourself about who knows what lol.

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

Lol its like you are arguing with yourself trying to create a narrative so you can get yourself triggered and respond. You are basically talking to the air.

Nobody said anything. The contradictions are the ones who think Rozier is a horrible player. He is a scapegoat imo.

Has he played bad, yes, but so many players do, Morris was horrible , Smart was horrible,  Brown , Horford. They all have been horrible.

It's pretty apparent you're the one who has been triggered by the apparent slight (in your eyes) of Terry Rozier on this blog.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 06:09:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Of the guys you listed only Brown has had periods where he's been as rubbish a single Rozier has been, but at least Brown was injured and is now improving. Of the other guys you listed have, none have been neither as bad or has for as long a stretch as Rozier.

This thread really is hilarious. Love the venom you're posting with for no apparent reason, other than nobody (rightfully) agreeing with you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yes he is a winner. The team wins when he plays, plain and simple lol. While you are babbling to yourself about who knows what lol.

So right now, the Charlotte Hornets are under .500... Does that make Kemba Walker a loser? What about Anthony Davis? The Pelicans are 19-22 and currently out of the playoff race.

And I'm not babbling to myself about who knows what. You're the one questioning people's knowledge.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 06:39:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Game 7 of the ECF. 2 pts on 2/14 shooting, including 0/10 from 3.

Winner.

Marcus Smart 1-10 , 0-4

So lets just blame Rozier........

just proved my point

Well, one of them does other things on the floor, like play defense, make plays for others, etc., and the other is Rozier...

Starting to think this is a Rozier burner account 😂

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I don't get the Rozier mania that some people have.

As a starter for his career:

15.3 pts, 6.2 reb, 5.2 ast, 33 mpg, 52.5% TS

Those are better numbers than his career as a reserve, even on a per-minute basis.  It's true that he shows out as a starter.

Even so ... as a starter he's basically average.  I would say he's below average in terms of creating for others, maybe a bit above average in terms of creating looks for himself.

Even during the playoffs last year he had just a 53.8% TS and averaged .149 WS per 48.

It's not like he's an All-Star or something when he starts.

Kyrie, for reference, has a career 57% TS and is averaging over .200 WS per 48 for the last two seasons.

Personally, I think it would make sense for both the Celtics and for Rozier if they traded him to a team lacking a competent starting point guard in exchange for a more well-rounded backup guard.

TP.

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 06:46:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Have you looked in a mirror recently? None of your posts are even backed up with facts.

The funny thing is that you literally did “back up your claim with facts” by posting the “mind-boggling” trade idea that he previously posted lol