Author Topic: "Strangers Celtic Podcast" #3 - Eddie20 & LarBrd33 try to squash multi-year beef  (Read 2780 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So this is my 3rd episode where I call up strangers and talk to them about the Celtics.

- Episode 1 - I called up my catfish KG Living Legend

- Episode 2 - I called up Reddit's "BillHondo" to see if his "troll" label was warranted - and also to settle the rumor we were the same person.

But look, I knew as soon as I decided to do this project, I would eventually have to call someone I didn't get along with and see if we could connect outside the anonymity of internet forums.  I was dreading it, but... I had to call Eddie20.

Eddie20 and I have given each other grief on this forum for years.  We spent several years incessantly bickering and arguing. He never seemed to agree with me on anything.  He was truly convinced I was a secret Sixers fan.  I was convinced he was trolling me.  He was convinced I was trolling him.  Occasionally the insults got personal and on at least one occasion we got ourselves temporarily suspended because we couldn't play nice.  Bottom line is we both seemed to despise one another.

So he's a perfect guest for Episode 3.  After years of internet cat fights, I finally call up my nemesis and see if we can find some resolution.

We cover a TON of ground in this chat as touch on the many stupid takes I've had in the past and the major disagreements that resulted in forum wars. 

-----

Some topics covered: Chad Ford's draft tiers, the concept "ceilings", our differing views on player development, the multiverse, Jayson Tatum's potential, Jaylen Brown vs Derrick Jones Jr, Terry Rozier, Devin Booker, Gordon Hayward, 1984 re-draft, cloning Michael Jordan, "second chance" players, Tony Bennett, why I was an idiot for targeting Biyombo, Stauskas and Mclemore, the formula for building a contender... and then do a major deep-dive on our multi-year debate about the Philadelphia 76ers and players like Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Simmons and Fultz.  We had a lot to talk about...

Strangers - A Celtic Podcast: Episode 3: LarBrd33 and Eddie20:  https://youtu.be/PQ-Yz4nalbc

*Note:  Had some slight tech difficulties with Eddie's audio resulting in some popping.  My apologies for those who listen.

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Just subscribed to your youtube. Listening to episode 1 now. How meta.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Ha, there have been times where Eddie is laying into you and I've wanted to interject but then I realized that the animosity between the two of you is deep seeded and just figured it was better to not get involved and let you two work it out yourselves. :laugh:

I'll give it a listen when I get the chance!

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Me too, I listened to 15 minutes during lunch today!

Lar you have a great radio voice. Huge fan of this podcast, and your art (though I'll mostly only be able to consume audio).

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Good listen!
Idea for a future podcast- talking about Lakers-Celtics current talent\success\trade assets\management and so...

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

And I like how you show screen shots relevant to the topic of conversation. Even though the podcast is audio, the visuals add to the flow of the show.

Online smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Good job LB.

I usually enjoy taking little shots at you here on CS, and trolling the master troll so to speak, but I have to say in a moment of honesty that you're an entertaining cat with some real talents.  Even if projecting Jaylen Brown might not be one of those talents  :P
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
And with that the rivalry won’t ever be the same. Listening to someone’s voice you can get a good gauge of their personality. Removes any false mental image one can potentially acquire through anonymity. Larbrd your posts came off closer to a guy like Will Cain then your real personality.

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Some of us have been sycophants of LB for years now  :P Glad you are finally starting to take your talents to a new level/medium. Looking forward to listening to this one for sure!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Tommy points all around to everyone who gave it a chance.

Really it was great to connect with Eddie20 and put some of that bad blood behind us.  He seems like a great dude.  Super knowledgeable. Obviously loves the team and has an expansive interest in the league. I probably hadn’t been giving him enough credit during our battles. My entire vision of who he was going to be was very different from the reality and I imagine it was a similar thing for him.  We probably should have done this years ago.  Thanks, Eddie.  That was fun. 

Folks, call your trolls and haters. Maybe you’ll find you’re not so different after all. Lol   

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Really it was great to connect with Eddie20 and put some of that bad blood behind us.  He seems like a great dude.  Super knowledgeable. Obviously loves the team and has an expansive interest in the league. I probably hadn’t been giving him enough credit during our battles. My entire vision of who he was going to be was very different from the reality and I imagine it was a similar thing for him.  We probably should have done this years ago.  Thanks, Eddie.  That was fun. 

Folks, call your trolls and haters. Maybe you’ll find you’re not so different after all. Lol

Listened to it today at work. It was a pretty good discussion. Will be interesting to see you guys get in a battle together now.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Very good 3rd episode!

An idea for a future episode is where are they now for random Celtics players of the past. Lol

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Listened to it today at work. It was a pretty good discussion. Will be interesting to see you guys get in a battle together now.
Lol.  I think the Eddie20 and LarBrd33 rivalry is officially dead. 

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Lol.  I think the Eddie20 and LarBrd33 rivalry is officially dead.

start it up again

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Very good 3rd episode!

An idea for a future episode is where are they now for random Celtics players of the past. Lol

Good listen!
Idea for a future podcast- talking about Lakers-Celtics current talent\success\trade assets\management and so...

Thanks for both of your suggestions.  I'm still experimenting with the format so I'll probably try different things depending on who I have on as a guest. 

JBcat, in case you missed it... Big Baby Davis showed up on a random episode of "Shameless" this season where he plays the bodyguard to the "gay Jesus" character... lol:  https://streamable.com/frpzl