Poll

We're 2-0 so far this month with 13 games left to go in January. How many more wins do we get this month?

0-1
0 (0%)
2-3
0 (0%)
4-5
0 (0%)
6-7
1 (2.1%)
8-9
15 (31.3%)
10-11
25 (52.1%)
12-13
7 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: January Outlook For The C's  (Read 3753 times)

Re: January Outlook For The C's
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 03:36:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
They should pad the win column this month.

Double digit wins is reasonable.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 05:04:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
January outlook for C's?

Mostly sunny skies with beautiful Green sunsets.

A slight chance of a purple and gold shower by end of the month but forecasters say that it will be mitigated by an "Uncle Drew" warm front, whatever that is.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
vs Nets
vs Pacers
@ Heat
@ Magic
@ Nets
vs Raptors
vs Grizzlies
@ Hawks
vs Heat
vs Cavs
vs Warriors
vs Nets
vs Hornets

So 13 games, 9 at home, a couple of sure fire playoff teams and a bunch of mediocre teams. Only games that should legitimately be difficult are Pacers, GS, and Raptors. In a perfect world we win 10 of these games, but due to how inconsistent we look, im going to assume we win 8 or 9.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 05:19:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Since the league threw us to the wolves in the first month of the season, I hope it's time to fatten up.

Health will be an issue for sure. I'd love to say 10-11.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 05:46:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Since the league threw us to the wolves in the first month of the season, I hope it's time to fatten up.

Health will be an issue for sure. I'd love to say 10-11.
End of February and March is the real hard part of the schedule.  Boston needs to win 10ish games the rest of the month and have a pretty decent February before the killer stretch starts or getting home court in even the 1st round is going to be difficult.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I said 9. But I really need to see them play well vs Indy/TOR/GS. It will be big barometer. Cs seem to be figuring it out so hopefully they pass those tests.

Yep, absolutely.

Like I said in the post, hopefully we can win against all three but even winning 2 of those 3 would be great IMO. I'd like to beat IND and then one of TOR/GSW at the least. If IND beats us then it might mean similar to how we seem to have PHI's number... likewise maybe IND has ours and they are another team we need to completely worry about (not MIL and/or TOR).

... And they get a STATEMENT win over Indiana!  ;D

Now 4-0 in the month of January. Tricky little 3-game road trip ahead but we'll be fine as long as we go 2-1 in that stretch.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 09:27:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
4 down, undefeated streak alive  :-*

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I said 9. But I really need to see them play well vs Indy/TOR/GS. It will be big barometer. Cs seem to be figuring it out so hopefully they pass those tests.

Yep, absolutely.

Like I said in the post, hopefully we can win against all three but even winning 2 of those 3 would be great IMO. I'd like to beat IND and then one of TOR/GSW at the least. If IND beats us then it might mean similar to how we seem to have PHI's number... likewise maybe IND has ours and they are another team we need to completely worry about (not MIL and/or TOR).

... And they get a STATEMENT win over Indiana!  ;D

Now 4-0 in the month of January. Tricky little 3-game road trip ahead but we'll be fine as long as we go 2-1 in that stretch.
Definitely a good performance against a quality opponent. Now, they need to bring it tomorrow.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Outlook is pretty, pretty good 8)

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 12:15:19 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
If we win tomorrow night in Miami, we can go 9-2 in the next 11 games after that thru @NYK, with losses to @BRK and 1 of TOR/GS.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 02:12:35 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
The real test in this streak is Miami. They're a tough team and we are on a second game of back-to-back. If we wanna be a legit contender, we have to win such tricky games.
I wonder how many BTB's have we won lately, if someone knows.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 05:42:19 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
The real test in this streak is Miami. They're a tough team and we are on a second game of back-to-back. If we wanna be a legit contender, we have to win such tricky games.

I can’t put much stock in B2B’s, as it’s not something that needs to be dealt with in the playoffs.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 01:39:18 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

I can’t put much stock in B2B’s, as it’s not something that needs to be dealt with in the playoffs.

I agree, but you have to admit that it's a good indicator of the strength of the team, especially if compared with other contenders B2B's.
...and yet again we've seen we are not that strong.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 02:19:18 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I agree, but you have to admit that it's a good indicator of the strength of the team, especially if compared with other contenders B2B's.

Not sure why we need to compare. Is there a correlation to playoff success based on B2B record during the regular season?

It’s a scheduling quirk and there’s no accounting for the previous game (ie blow out vs OT game) or travel (both home/road, or home for first vs second).

It’s not nothing, but it’s certainly not something I take too concerning. Too many factors go into how a team performs on a second night of a B2B.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:26 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

Not sure why we need to compare. Is there a correlation to playoff success based on B2B record during the regular season?

It’s a scheduling quirk and there’s no accounting for the previous game (ie blow out vs OT game) or travel (both home/road, or home for first vs second).

It’s not nothing, but it’s certainly not something I take too concerning. Too many factors go into how a team performs on a second night of a B2B.

I didn't say that panic-button should be pressed for bad BTB's score, but if we check our last season and season before, when we had less-talented rosters, we used to sweep those BTB's now and then. This year, with high aspirations, we are struggling with the same. It still shows something's wrong within the team. Especialy, if you realize that our bench could (should) deal with Miami 's starting lineup.