Author Topic: "Strangers Celtic Podcast" Episode 2 - I call Reddit's infamous "BillHondo"  (Read 2150 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I totally disagree. I love what you are doing spending time on the online personalities. I had that very same idea I wanted to execute just more centered around these forums.

You need to separate yourself from the LockedOn, CelticsBeat and the million other Celtics Podcssts out there.

I agree with JSD.  As I said in your last post, if you have a core audience it's the extremely-online set on Celts Reddit and these forums.  You're not a Twitter personality unlike RedsArmy_John etc.

Catering to your core audience is never a bad tact, and helps to distinguish you from those guys.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well FWIW, I think I'm going to do at least one more of these... and I'm working out the logistics with Eddie20 right now to be my next guest... and there's no way I can have a conversation with him without addressing the fact that we were polar opposites on CelticsBlog for like 3 years of endless bickering.  A couple people on reddit gave me flack for having my first two conversations with people who have similar opinions to my own... so I figure it's fair for me to have on someone who seems to genuinely despise me on a personal level.  Lol. 

At the very least, I'm hoping it will bring some closure to that feud.  Hopefully we can work out a time to chat.

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Well FWIW, I think I'm going to do at least one more of these... and I'm working out the logistics with Eddie20 right now to be my next guest... and there's no way I can have a conversation with him without addressing the fact that we were polar opposites on CelticsBlog for like 3 years of endless bickering.  A couple people on reddit gave me flack for having my first two conversations with people who have similar opinions to my own... so I figure it's fair for me to have on someone who seems to genuinely despise me on a personal level.  Lol. 

At the very least, I'm hoping it will bring some closure to that feud.  Hopefully we can work out a time to chat.

I love it.

Roy H. is a must too.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think there's anything wrong with agreeing on most things as long as the people talking are easily distinguishable in their style or in terms of the perspective they provide on the topics discussed.

I mean, I could listen to Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz talk hoops for hours, and yet they seem to agree on most things.

In general, in my opinion:

Sports Radio = Heated Argument (Hot Take City)

Podcasting = Detailed Agreement (add to common understanding)

To me an enjoyable podcast should feature personalities I enjoy listening to / spending time with, and the discussion should provide me with some info or insight on the topic I didn't have before, but I don't care if the people talking necessarily *disagree* in any major ways. 

Actually, I see podcasts as a medium that should be a notable departure from the tenor of sports radio and twitter flame wars.

Podcasts are a little bit too static of a medium for heated debates, anyhow, especially when it comes to sports.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:47:48 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think there's anything wrong with agreeing on most things as long as the people talking are easily distinguishable in their style or in terms of the perspective they provide on the topics discussed.

I mean, I could listen to Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz talk hoops for hours, and yet they seem to agree on most things.

In general, in my opinion:

Sports Radio = Heated Argument (Hot Take City)

Podcasting = Detailed Agreement (add to common understanding)

To me an enjoyable podcast should feature personalities I enjoy listening to / spending time with, and the discussion should provide me with some info or insight on the topic I didn't have before, but I don't care if the people talking necessarily *disagree* in any major ways. 

Actually, I see podcasts as a medium that should be a notable departure from the tenor of sports radio and twitter flame wars.

Podcasts are a little bit too static of a medium for heated debates, anyhow, especially when it comes to sports.
I'm hopeful me and Eddie20 will find some common ground and find some peace.  After-all, despite what Eddie has believed for a few years - we are both Celtic fans.  Lol.   We set a time to chat.  Look for it later this week. 

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Finally listened to this one too. Nice job all around.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008