Author Topic: If we meet Chicago in the playoffs aka keys to winning a series  (Read 5101 times)

Re: If we meet Chicago in the playoffs aka keys to winning a series
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1.We need a two headed monster at pg.  It will be a seven game series have rondo and delonte play all out.  Get tired get subbed.  We need constant deny ball pressure on rose, eat up some clock.
2. Some new ways to get ray open, if  our team is not hitting outside shots it wll be a very tough series.  Double picks? Having shaq's body certainly will help.
3. Shaq.  They have no one to guard him on the box, I'd go to him every time he's in causing matchup issues and drawing fouls.
4. Have to draw fouls on their bigs and Deng, same thing they'd be doing to us
5. They don't seem to have a guy who can matchup against Green.  Play him at sf and move pierce to sg, giving us more of a physical presence in backcourt.  Seemed like Ray got man handled a bit (and good defense)
6.  Use our bench more, in a series I think it will matter

Bulls have what it takes to win it all
7. Send a message to Rose that he is not going into the paint without ending up on his backside.
8. Rondo needs to be aggressive, we took the lead early in the third because he was getting out in transition and going to the basket, he needs to try and get to the cup in the half court too.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
keys to beating the Bulls:
1. Play hard -- like winning is all that matters, because it is all the matters
2. Play with focus -- no taking plays off.  no sloppy plays.
3. Play team defense.
4. Play physical.  Knock Rose on his butt hard on a few drives very early.  Make him think twice about driving to the paint.
5. Gang Rebound.  Every C crashes the defensive boards to reduce Chicago's second chances.
6. Push the pace on offense -- get the ball upcourt for either a fastbreak basket or have as much time available on the shot clock to set up a play.

This won't guarantee a series win but it'll give the C's their best and only reliable chance to do so.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Keys to beating the Bulls in the post-season?

Pray Rose gets injured.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Celtics just need to be bigger/longer in the middle.

They have to play the O'Neals a combined 30 mpg. And then the effort needs to be playoff quality from everyone.

Watching Davis "guard" Boozer, with Krstic as the other big was stomach turning.

I'm not worried. If Shaq is done, then i will begin to worry.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Maybe I'm too much of an optimist but I saw a different game than most last night:

1) The Bulls played with the intensity of a Game 7-The Celts seemed mostly disinterested
2) A number of balls bounced the Bulls' way
3) The Bulls hit 41% of their 3's. The Celts missed several wide open 3's (Ray 0-3, PP 1-5)
4) The Celts missed a number of real easy shots, including Rondo alone on a breakout, JO on a layup and Pierce on a uncontested 5 footer in the lane.
5) Despite 1,2,3 & 4, the Celts overcame a 10 point deficit to take a lead in the 3rd.

Sorry, the Bulls, while a nice team that plays hard and plays good D, had everything to their way last night. They are good but no better than Orlando or Miami in a 7 game series.

The Celtics, on the other hand, will be a different team in the playoffs. The playoffs are such a different animal that regular season games barely resemble playoff games. Some players are next to worthless in the deeper playoff games. This is when we will see the real effect of not having Perk (who proved he doesn't scare). But I have huge confidence that KG, PP, RA, Rondo, Shaq, Baby and Delonte will play their best ball when it counts the most. The question marks are JO, Green, and Curly.

They definently wanted it more then us cuz they played their starters deep into the 4th quarter people are overlooking the fact that when KG was on Boozer he was struggling to score over length the team is still Rose or bust IMO Luol Deng wont consistently pump out 23 points and our bench is definently better then theirs but I LOVE how everyone is counting us out ::)