Author Topic: Ok about our bench....who has been the best guy over the course of year?  (Read 6478 times)

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
With the (justified) Rasheed bashing of late I was wondering who everyone thinks has been our best bench player?  I feel Danny's bench is very good.  However with some players not playing up to expectations or injuries or trades; who has been our best 6th man?  I think both eddie and nate could be in this but neither imo would be near the top.
Marquis Daniels to me even with the injury has been the best bench guy.  Davis has come up nice lately but started off bad, Tony up & down, rasheed not bad.  I'm not smart enough to put a poll in but someone can if they'd like. 

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Glen Davis all season long.

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Believe it or not but the bench player that has fulfilled his role the best from day one, has been the most consistent, has most often outperformed his expectations and hasn't missed a huge bank of games due to injury has been....

Tony Allen!!!
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Believe it or not but the bench player that has fulfilled his role the best from day one, has been the most consistent, has most often outperformed his expectations and hasn't missed a huge bank of games due to injury has been....

Tony Allen!!!

I tend to agree, but I think this is all about meeting lowered expectations.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Tony Allen!!!

When I read the thread title/question, I thought about it before reading any of the posts, and came to the same conclusion.  You always know TA is on the court, he makes himself known, he clearly has an impact on the game.  Defensively, his intensity is top-notch, and is an aggressive rebounder for a 6'4" guard.  He will attack the rim aggressively.

It felt really weird to think it, but TA's really the guy.

Sheed's been frustrating, BBD has his issue w/putbacks, and Quisy missed a lot of time but has played well, but is clearly a complementary player.  Strange as it seems, TA gets my vote.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Funny thing is celtics blog has railed on all these guys, justified or not this year.  I think Tony did play well for a good stretch there and honestly would like to see him resigned for just what he does.  IF he ever gets a handle and understands he has to come in and be an energy guy, play great defense on dwade etc, offensive rebounds then great.  I wonder if his minutes are gone though as robinson and finley seem to bring more to the team?

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1

Tony Allen!!!

I tend to agree, but I think this is all about meeting lowered expectations.
Well, of the bench players that have been here all year(Allen, Williams, Wallace, Davis, Daniels and Scalabrine) Tony has

- the second highest PER
- the second highest winning percentage
- the most assists per 48 minutes
- the most steals per 48 minutes
- the third highest points per 48 minutes
- the third highest rebounds per 48 minutes

Not to shabby for a guy with low expectations
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

Offline nandy16

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Unfortunately no bench player has been good consistently this season. But if I had to choose one I would go with Tony Allen since he always gives a good effort even though he sometimes turns the ball over and falls for the up-fake.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I agree that it's probably TA, but that says more about our bench as a whole than it does about TA.

To be fair, though, TA has been far more consistent and reliable this year than in the past.  Contract years are wonderful things.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

R. Wallace - Probably had the most positive impact. - Could do a boatload more, Gets paid the most.

BBD - Hurt but has played the best if you take out missed games.

T. Allen - Not very good so disqualified from the outset no matter how many games he was active for.

M. Daniels - Right there with BBD for impact but, the sleepy eyes are in fact a sign that he is a sleep from time to time and he's missed games as well.

Scals - N/A

Williams - even less N/A

So I would go with Sheed.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

R. Wallace - Probably had the most positive impact. - Could do a boatload more, Gets paid the most.

T. Allen - Not very good so disqualified from the outset no matter how many games he was active for.

M. Daniels - Right there with BBD for impact but, the sleepy eyes are in fact a sign that he is a sleep from time to time and he's missed games as well.

Scals - N/A

Williams - even less N/A

I agree with Sheed, but Sheldon was huge at the begining of the year when BBD was out.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Is this a case of TA secretly starting a thread again?   ;)

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Baby and Quis (when healthy)

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
1)Rasheed
2a)Marquis
2b)Glen
3)TA

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Scals - N/A

Williams - even less N/A

I agree with Sheed, but Sheldon was huge at the begining of the year when BBD was out.

Fair point.  I just didn't think he played enough to get rated.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10