Author Topic: Some random thoughts from last nights game  (Read 1268 times)

Some random thoughts from last nights game
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:25:07 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Nocioni (?) didn't show anything, I've like his game previously but if he isn't getting time on a .500 ball club than he is way overpaid.
Our 2nd unit outplayed the starters.  Pierce lets the game come to him, mostly :o)  at this stage of his career.  Rondo played well but not what we are used to for him.  Besides that the starters looked slow.  Ray & KG are a step behind.  Perk was bad.  I think if this continues for a few more games a change to starting lineup should happen.  Either with Daniels or 'Sheed.  Daniels game is so nice, he really does whatever needs to be done and except his outside shooting I really don't feel he has any weak spots.  The first half donny and mike were correct the bench was doing great giving credit (deserved) to 'sheed, eddie and davis.  Daniels didn't really show in the boxscore but he is so important to the flow of team game.  Davis imo had his best game as a celtic.  He moved his feet and worked for rebounds.  If he can do this, play his good d and hit a few shots than he deserves solid rotation minutes (what we need perk to do).  He has been quite average to me so far this year.  I was very happy to see no one play too many minutes.  But doc should keep a short leash on how quickly the team will meld or if a change does need to be made.

Re: Some random thoughts from last nights game
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:35:06 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Agreed with everything except I don't agree that Rondo played well.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Now I can see how missed was Daniels with that 2nd unit, Eddie gets open much more easily now and it really shows in the game and on the scoreboard. I LOVE OUR BENCH
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:04 AM »

Offline TBreezy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Daniels moves the ball so easily - it is fun to watch.  I don't know if it is a case of spectacular vision, but more of basketball iq.  He seems to know where everyone is supposed to be, and keeps the ball moving to their spots...