Author Topic: More Marquis!  (Read 1632 times)

More Marquis!
« on: November 30, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Is there a reason that our heady, in control, good defending multiposistional player isn't getting more minutes?
Marquis can play pg, sg and sf.  Unless I'm mistaken on our current roster we have Pierce and (gulp) Scal at sf.  Paul has been carrying this team for a bit now and Doc usually falls into the play for wins, too many minutes for starters/vets AND don't give the young guys pt when you can.  Walker comes back I expect him to be getting 5 minutes a game at the least just to be in flow of game. 
Daniels I have been very impressed with since his arrival.  He appears to be in control more than ANY OTHER celtic.  I would like to see ray & paul's minutes kept in check/lowered and give Daniels more minutes.
I can live with Eddie getting pg minutes but Daniels has shown to be much more at ease getting the ball over 1/2 court.  His outside shot isn't top notch but we don't need Marquis jumper we need good all around play and him to ensure that Pierce & Ray Allen are playoff rested.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:54:37 AM by Redz »

Re: More Marquis!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is averaging 20 minutes a game.  That sounds like a good number for a back up swing man.

I have not problem having Scali play 5 minutes a game.  I like what he brings to the team in limited minutes.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Funny, I was going to post the exact same thread. ;D

Although Marquis struggled last night (his worse game as a Celtic in my opinion), he is really a great bench player and he does so many things well than our 2nd unit can flow easily. So I would like to see him play about 25 minutes a game. It will allow Paul or Ray to rest more and Marquis to be more involved on offense. I feel like he isn't used as the best of his capacities.

Hopefully it will come in time but I would really feel well if Marquis got 25 or more minutes by game, starting now, and not waiting for someone to get injured so that he would have to play more.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I like Pierce and Ray playing close to 35 minutes.

As long as it doesn't cut into their court time then I'm happy with Marquis playing more minutes.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
At 20 minutes a game he's giving us 6pts, 2reb, 2ast. He also has the best Defensive Rating of his career, despite guarding a lot of pretty good offensive players.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Marquis literally IS everything TA was SUPPOSED to be.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
At 20 minutes a game he's giving us 6pts, 2reb, 2ast. He also has the best Defensive Rating of his career, despite guarding a lot of pretty good offensive players.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Marquis literally IS everything TA was SUPPOSED to be.
;D
yeah its kinda of scary how in control daniels is compared to when tony has the ball driving...i usually cringe if he has to dribble more than a few times
I'd like his time up to 25 minutes definately and if we have back to backs / road trips give ray or paul a bit extra time off
if ray isn't hitting or one of them has foul trouble i'm fine with 30 minutes for daniels