Author Topic: What Daniels does to our bench players  (Read 12351 times)

Re: What Daniels does to our bench players
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
What exactly did TA contribute to our 2008 tittle run? He didn't even have a towel waving moment ala M.L. Carr.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
What exactly did TA contribute to our 2008 tittle run? He didn't even have a towel waving moment ala M.L. Carr.

He had that sick alley-oop from Eddie with 2 minutes left in game 6 after we were up 39.

That's about all I can muster.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He had that sick alley-oop from Eddie with 2 minutes left in game 6 after we were up 39.

That's about all I can muster.
He played some solid minutes in game 5. Nothing great but he did okay in 11 minutes: 1 ast, 1 stl, 7 points on 3-4 shooting.

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

He played in 75 games during the regular season (including 11 starts) averaging 18.3 minutes/game. He didn't play in the playoffs, but you only play the top 3 wings in the playoffs. TA will be useful during the regular season to limit Ray/Paul's minutes and fill in when injuries occur (Daniels is pretty injury prone).

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
tony will either be the 4th SG or third SF....nothing more than 5 minutes a night until they trade his contract for someone come trade deadline...unless he is shipped out sooner

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
If they package Eddie up with a deal, that's going to hurt us more then help. Eddie's points ALWAYS mean the difference between a W or L and his shots usually start our leads.

Funny I see it as Eddies points are usually the difference between a narrow win, and a blowout. He's almost never the difference maker in terms of winning games and losing them.

So true, i completely agree. Remember when Eddie took the gamewinning shot and air-balled it?

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If they package Eddie up with a deal, that's going to hurt us more then help. Eddie's points ALWAYS mean the difference between a W or L and his shots usually start our leads.

Funny I see it as Eddies points are usually the difference between a narrow win, and a blowout. He's almost never the difference maker in terms of winning games and losing them.

So true, i completely agree. Remember when Eddie took the gamewinning shot and air-balled it?
I completely disagree.

We don't win Game 4 of the 2008 NBA Finals without Eddie.

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I completely disagree.

TP..eddie pulled his weight in the playoffs

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 03:29:59 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Was that the game when he came cold off the bench, and he hardly played in the 4th quarter if at all?  They just brought him in for a desparate attempt at adding another 3 point shooter.  I believe everyone else was covered and he was our last option (better than Rondo at least).  I'm not sure if we're talking about the same game, but i remember him air balling for this reason.  If he was in the game for more of the 4th quarter i doubt we would've lost.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 06:17:51 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%

I completely disagree.

Absolutely agree. The same can be said for game 7 of the celts/bulls series, and a few of the orlando games too.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
The problem with Daniels is that he cannot be on the court at the same time as Rondo.

Daniels and House will be an effective platoon, teaming for 18 minutes per game in the back court. I really like it, but it does not help us at small forward.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 09:48:55 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The problem with Daniels is that he cannot be on the court at the same time as Rondo.

Daniels and House will be an effective platoon, teaming for 18 minutes per game in the back court. I really like it, but it does not help us at small forward.

Why not?  Chances are they will be on the court together along with Pierce of Ray.

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Before Tony Allen got hurt last season, the Celtics got him almost 20mpg using Allen/Allen and TA/PP combinations.  It seems reasonable that they will do the same thing with Daniels and mix in a few minutes with random point guard or Pruitt/House/Daniels on the floor.  If Giddens or Walker doesn't get traded and can contribute five minutes per game, then Ray and Paul can easily get a combined 24-28 minutes of rest per game, which translates to as little 34 mpg for each.  During the playoffs, if someone like Giddens/Walker hasn't stepped it up, then they get dropped from the regular rotation and RA/PP play a few more minutes per game.  If you get a second-year contributor, then maybe Daniels loses minutes minutes in the playoffs as Doc rides his best players a bit longer.

The main worry is that Daniels is an injury risk.  I think that Tony Allen being out was a bigger factor than trying to compensate for KG being out when Paul Pierce looked tired at the end of last season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

I completely disagree.

We don't win Game 4 without Posey. The Posey/Pierce small lineup got us back in that game.

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:45 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I completely disagree.

We don't win Game 4 without Posey. The Posey/Pierce small lineup got us back in that game.
The Posey/Pierce/Ray/House small line-up was the best thing in the world.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale