Author Topic: Who at 3?  (Read 6616 times)

Re: Who at 3?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2017, 02:28:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm in the camp of PhoSita and jpotter33.

Still If we have the 3rd pick, I would indeed also trade down further. Not really that high on Ball, Jackson, Fox or Tatum.

If we really trade down to 3 I'm hoping it's because Ainge thinks the Lakers will take Jackson and we end up with Ball.

I like Fultz a lot better than Ball but at least Ball is a wacky and potentially really fun pick.

So let's say the guy is really Jackson and we actually get him. We'd have Jackson, Jaylen, Jae and we're linked to Hayward in free agency.

Lots o' small forwards there.

Yeah ...

First of all, I don't think having too many 6'6'' - 6'9'' wings is a "problem" in today's league.  You need lots of those guys to compete with the elite teams.

With that said ...

The BIGGEST gap between the Celts are the truly elite squads is the lack of MVP caliber talent.  Yes, they have IT, but he's just one guy.  Fultz could be a second.  AND Fultz could be that kind of player long after IT has begun to decline.

I really don't see Jackson as that kind of prospect.  To me he's at best an Andre Iguodala / Joe Johnson type of player.

Tatum have the same scoring potential as Fultz and unlike Fultz, he actually fills a positional need. All Fultz have on the defensive end is potential.
Well first off no he does not have the same scoring potential, really at all. Not sure how a ¾ tweeter is a position of need. And Fultz isn't some shocking defender, people who keep saying this clearly didn't watch him. He's not a poor defender.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Who at 3?
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2017, 02:32:02 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I see Celtics getting fleeced trading Fultz for Tatum ( Jackson to LA ) and LA 2018 .....

Fultz becomes Harden 2.0'

Celtics waterloo of stupid decsions about to unfold

when the right choice is staring DA in the face. SMH

Fultz being Harden 2.0 is not set in stone. Like I said, Fultz could actually end up like Tyreke Evans or Dante Exum for all we know.

I thought that Evans, at least when he entered the league, was a slasher who still hasn't developed a consistent jumper, iirc, but isn't Fultz supposed to be an excellent shooter from everywhere save for the free throw line?  I just think that they're completely different players, unless of course you were talking about Fultz mirroring Evans' production which won him the rookie of the year award, but I don't think that's what's going on, here.