Author Topic: JD Davison year 2 leap?  (Read 3529 times)

Re: JD Davison year 2 leap?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2023, 04:56:42 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
I am extremely concerned about his 6'1" height, just like Payton (also listed at 6'1"), he will never be able to play in the final 2 rounds of the playoffs, opposing teams will just pick on him mercilessly when they have the ball.

I think Brad should spent the time and resources on developing taller players, hoping Payton gets traded no later than next summer.

Brad did acquire Dalano Banton who is a 6’9” point guard.

Yep Banton is the player that I am particularly intrigued with.  Wish he could get some "development & conditioning" time in Maine.  I feel like he can defend and drive the ball.

Bitter Jim asked what I would sacrifice in a tall 2nd round player, the answer is shooting, particularly 3 pt shooting, because I think that this skill can be taught, practiced, acquired - look at Al Horford.

The risk with that is that you get just a Romeo Langford (or likely a lower-rated version of him, since he was at least a pick in the teens). And it makes development harder (on a good team, at least) since you can't just give them minutes without hurting spacing.
I'm bitter.