Author Topic: Jae Crowder agrees to five-year, $35 million deal with the Boston Celtics  (Read 15564 times)

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
RFA Jae Crowder has reached agreement on a five-year, $35 million deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell RealGM.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
A source confirms that Celtics forward Jae Crowder has agreed to a 5-year, $35 million deal. @ShamsCharania first to report.

Update 07/28/15:

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
7.5% decrease in the Crowder contract for 2016-17 gives BOS a bit more cap space.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:10:54 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Very nice.  a Bargain even considering what other players are getting.   We are at 13 players now.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
I figured Crowder would go for about 8-9 million a year.  I like this deal.

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think this was a very fair, and good deal for us.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's going to be nothing in a couple years.  By the end of the deal, it'll be like he's making the minimum.

Nice signing.

Now let's clear some space and go after Tobias Harris.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Great signing! Very cap friendly deal  ;D

Very happy, was afraid someone was going to throw the moon at him.

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I love the signing because this is a bargain for what crowder brings and will be a crime next year when the cap increases but we are officially out of cap this year and all of our trade exceptions have went to waste...

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I like Crowder a lot so good signing, especially for the length . Wonder if Harris is dead now, or we could work out a S+T for him still?

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
wow. 5 years seems like a long time. but i suppose that in the new salary era, this will prove to be a bargain, so why not hang onto it for as long as you can. it will be less than the MLE in a few years the way things are going.

i like crowder as a player so i am pleased about this the more i think about it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am a fan of this signing and less than expected. He will be here for our next title and it is good to see a hard working player get rewarded.I also like the fact that Dallas missed out on getting him back.

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Great deal by Ainge. $7M per year for Crowder is a BARGAIN.

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Very nice.  a Bargain even considering what other players are getting.   We are at 13 players now.

Is that signed players?  Does it include the 4 rookies? 

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
wow. 5 years seems like a long time. but i suppose that in the new salary era, this will prove to be a bargain, so why not hang onto it for as long as you can.

i like crowder as a player so i am pleased about this the more i think about it.

He seems like one of those guys that will be in green for a long time.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
So we retain the major return in the Rondo trade.  On a great deal that will absolutely be a steal when the cap rises.

Chalk up another win for Danny.

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
gross.   i love brad stevens, but i kind of wish danny didn't have to try to keep him satisfied.