Author Topic: Bos - Atl - Tor : Three way trade idea  (Read 2185 times)

Bos - Atl - Tor : Three way trade idea
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Toronto i think this summer is going to try to make a big move to get Gay some more support.  They will prob miss the playoffs again and Colangelo is in his last legs right now. Bc Toronto needs to something now to win, plus Gay, Rondo and Smith are all really good friends , this is a trade i think that can happen

To Atl: Ross + Amir Johnson +contract fillers

To Tor: Rondo and Smith

To Bos: Atl 2013 1st round pick, Tor 2014 1st round pick + Kyle Lowry + contract fillers

For ATL they do this bc Smith is likely not wanting to stay and won't sign long term with them. In addition with another early playoff exit this year likely, he is looking for a new beginning. They get two very good young pieces back in Ross and Johnson. The Celtics do this bc we are a better team without him imo. So getting 1st round picks back is a bonus. There are risks involved for teams to give up a 1st for a guy who may not be back to playing 100 percent.

Would you do this trade??

Re: Bos - Atl - Tor : Three way trade idea
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:47:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Maybe.

I'd like to see if we could get a bit more in return.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sure, if I was Toronto.

Lowry, Ross, Johnson, a pick, and filler for Rondo and Smith.  Are you freaking kidding me?

C's get screwed in this deal.  Lowry is trash.  And that Toronto pick willl be worth little either.  Basically, we'd be trading Rondo for Lowry and two mediocre picks.

Good grief!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
so basically rondo for lowry and crappy draft picks? wow.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha. What? No way.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
So we trade our All Star PG who's signed reasonably for a draft pick in this year's weak draft plus one for next year and Lowry?

Just say no!!!!!

A GM would be fired for even suggesting a trade like that... His competency would definitely be called into quesiton by the ownership.... 

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Terrible trade for everybody. Heck no!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'd like to see us add to green and rondo. I think they're both all star caliber talents. I feel the same about sully.

Will be interesting to see what happens with kg and pierce. I could see josh smith being mentioned here again.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
 ??? ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:03:22 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Not interested at all in this deal. As others pointed out its a steal for Toronto and the Celtics get absolutely hosed. Swapping Rondo for Lowry is giving up far too much and the only thing to make up for the huge difference in value is Atlanta's pick at the middle/back of this year's terrible draft class and Toronto's pick next year, which will be the same assuming they get Rondo and Smith and therefore make the playoffs.

To give you an idea of a trade that is more reasonable with the Celtics nabbing Lowry and sending out Rondo here is Bill Simmons 3 way trade with Boston, Toronto and Sacramento:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bl5ydks

That is the type of haul that would be considered by Danny (and he might not even pull the trigger on that one, although I would do something like it at the very least). The Celtics are getting back Lowry AND Cousins with Rondo as the centerpiece.

They'd definitely need at least a solid big and an all star caliber player or lottery picks for Rondo. Picks outside of the lottery are just sweeteners in any major trade like this.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Go home internet, youre drunk