Author Topic: Who here has tried to play IT in 2K?  (Read 5545 times)

Who here has tried to play IT in 2K?
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Guy frequently tweets about wanting to play people on PS4 and Xbox One. Has any brave soul stepped up to the challenge?

Re: Who here has tried to play IT in 2K?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I thought this was going to be a thread about using IT in 2K.

It's annoying.  His jumper has a tricky, relatively long release and it's hard to get around defenders with such a tiny ball-handler.  Really makes you appreciate IT's game in real life.  So much of it is based on hesitation, guile, and positioning that simply doesn't translate to a video game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

It's annoying.  His jumper has a tricky, relatively long release and it's hard to get around defenders with such a tiny ball-handler.  Really makes you appreciate IT's game in real life.  So much of it is based on hesitation, guile, and positioning that simply doesn't translate to a video game.

I dunno, I've put in some work with IT in 2k. You just have to get used to his (virtual) game.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:08:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I dunno, I've put in some work with IT in 2k. You just have to get used to his (virtual) game.

Yeah, I know some people can make it work with him, it just doesn't go well for me.

I always have the best games with point guards that are 6'3'' or so and fast, like Lillard, Reggie, and Wall.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 01:15:19 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I'm with pho on this one. I love the guy in real life, but I just can't get it to work well on 2k. I always end up trading him in a package for a star because I am useless with him. Smart USUALLY performs better than IT in my games just because it always seems like ITs height is too hard to overcome in the game. Really makes you appreciate the guy.
#JKJB

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm with pho on this one. I love the guy in real life, but I just can't get it to work well on 2k. I always end up trading him in a package for a star because I am useless with him. Smart USUALLY performs better than IT in my games just because it always seems like ITs height is too hard to overcome in the game. Really makes you appreciate the guy.

Really? I work fine with IT on everything except 3s. I can't make that with him at all. But I'm trash with smart.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:38:56 PM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Yeah, I know some people can make it work with him, it just doesn't go well for me.

I always have the best games with point guards that are 6'3'' or so and fast, like Lillard, Reggie, and Wall.

Reggie's pretty beast in that game, yeah. And the other guys, of course.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/