Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 10202 times)

Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Question: I've never seen breaking bad. Can I watch this without ever seeing breaking bad? I'm not saying "No spoilers", I'm saying, do I need to have seen Breaking Bad to get the context?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Question: I've never seen breaking bad. Can I watch this without ever seeing breaking bad? I'm not saying "No spoilers", I'm saying, do I need to have seen Breaking Bad to get the context?

Check the rest of the post. It's answered there.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 11:51:49 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

The events in Better Call Saul happen before Breaking Bad.  I don't see any reason why you can't watch BCS first.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

pretty shocked that you of all people haven't seen it.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 04:33:18 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
It's a confused production. The plot is far too slow moving so far.

Saul was my favorite character of Breaking Bad. So far this show is disappointing me.

I can't wait to watch more, though. It's so well acted all the way around which helps.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 07:27:36 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
It's a confused production. The plot is far too slow moving so far.

Saul was my favorite character of Breaking Bad. So far this show is disappointing me.

I can't wait to watch more, though. It's so well acted all the way around which helps.

Couldn't disagree more.

I love the first two episodes. Wasn't sure if Saul could carry his own show but it appears he absolutely can.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I like it so far. I originally heard the show was going to feature events before, during, and after Breaking Bad.  After 2 episodes, I'm not sure if that is still correct.

*yes, I'm aware the opening sequences of the first episode are after Beaking Bad. But is that it?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I didn't much care for the first episode, but the second provided some real promise for this series. 

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 10:27:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I like it so far. I originally heard the show was going to feature events before, during, and after Breaking Bad.  After 2 episodes, I'm not sure if that is still correct.

*yes, I'm aware the opening sequences of the first episode are after Beaking Bad. But is that it?

That could be more for future seasons. I think this season is mostly him establishing his brand as "Saul Goodman."

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I didn't much care for the first episode, but the second provided some real promise for this series.
Loved going with the Tuco storyline, but I think I like the Tuco from BB better than BCS so far. The actor seems to be playing out Tuco's persona a little too far this time, and some of the anger/irrationality seems forced.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
anyone seen Walter White's coat and hat in the coatstand while Jimmy collects his $700 check?lol

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Anyone jumping to conclusions about Saul should remember that Breaking Bad took a while to really get going.  First season was really nothing special. 

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 11:00:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Wow, excellent episode tonight. I've always wondered what Mike's backstory was, and that lived up to what I thought.

It's been an excellent show so far. Different from what I was expecting and not quite as good as Breaking Bad, but still a pretty good show.

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Jonathan Banks was terrific.  Very compelling episode.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Yes, but there are many nods and cookies for the breaking bad people.

I thought this most recent episode was the best, it was very compelling.   My three favorite characters in the whole universe, are Mike, Saul and Hank and this last episode was great back story on Mike.