Author Topic: Saturday Night Live discussion  (Read 39410 times)

Re: Saturday Night Live discussion
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2015, 11:01:04 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

That's what I mean.  They don't have an alpha male.  I'm not on the Killam train at all.  Just not buying him as "the guy" as much as they've tried to push him that direction the past couple of season. 

Keenan & Moynihan are decent enough "glue guys" although nowhere near what Hader brought in that role.    Mooney is way too niche.   Bennett is just "Eh".

I agree. Killam is very good, but he's not an ace and he looks worse and worse the more he has to carry the show. You can see that Beck Bennett is the future Sudeikis... a really solid middle of the rotation guy who will be on the show for a long time and can carry sketches here and there.

On the other side, Kate McKinnon is the biggest talent they've got and seems like she could be a hall of famer with better material. I guess one of the lessons, though, is that you can't really separate the player and the material because 90% of the show is behind the scenes.

There's doesn't seem to be any star of either gender on either side of the curtain.
I think Pete Davidson has huge potential and will be the next big star of the show once he develops more.

I love the symmetry between SNL cast evaluations and Celtics roster evaluations that we have going on here. Pete Davidson is some combination of Jordan Mickey and James Young.

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

That's what I mean.  They don't have an alpha male.  I'm not on the Killam train at all.  Just not buying him as "the guy" as much as they've tried to push him that direction the past couple of season. 

Keenan & Moynihan are decent enough "glue guys" although nowhere near what Hader brought in that role.    Mooney is way too niche.   Bennett is just "Eh".

I agree. Killam is very good, but he's not an ace and he looks worse and worse the more he has to carry the show. You can see that Beck Bennett is the future Sudeikis... a really solid middle of the rotation guy who will be on the show for a long time and can carry sketches here and there.

On the other side, Kate McKinnon is the biggest talent they've got and seems like she could be a hall of famer with better material. I guess one of the lessons, though, is that you can't really separate the player and the material because 90% of the show is behind the scenes.

There's doesn't seem to be any star of either gender on either side of the curtain.
I think Pete Davidson has huge potential and will be the next big star of the show once he develops more.

I love the symmetry between SNL cast evaluations and Celtics roster evaluations that we have going on here. Pete Davidson is some combination of Jordan Mickey and James Young.
I think Pete Davidson is more like Andrew Wiggins than either of those guys, but I agree the symmetry is interesting.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think Pete Davidson is more like Andrew Wiggins than either of those guys, but I agree the symmetry is interesting.
I'm thinking more like James Young -- full of promise but not seeing anything yet.