Author Topic: Celtics officially sign Yabusele  (Read 9076 times)

Celtics officially sign Yabusele
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Let the speculation pick up even more.  The Celtics have now signed Yabusele, bringing us up to 16 guaranteed players:

Quote from: Boston Celtics
The Celtics have also signed 2016 first round draft pick Guerschon Yabusele.

Yabusele 📝: http://on.nba.com/2uEf6mg

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/888131668384649217
I'm bitter.

Re: Celtics officially sign Yabusele
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:50:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The roster Drama officially gets interesting. someone for sure is gone.  I wonder if there was a deal to move Crowder maybe? Pure speculation on my part. Ever since haywards trainer followed everyone except Bradley and Crowder on IG. Bradley was moved so that made that more interesting to me. Another candidate is rozier now that we got Larkin.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 04:50:43 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
How optimistic are you guys about Yabusele?

What can he bring the team next season?

In the future, what is his upside? Starter? Role player?

Any thoughts on Yabusele as a player?

I am usually hot or cold on a certain player (especially ones we recently drafted), but I am so unsure about Yabusele.  He is a freak of nature, has some nice handles, and can stroke the 3.

He has the type of body that looks like it can get out of shape quicky.  Also, how consistent is his jumper?  How is his defense?

Obviously we are going to have to wait and see but Yabu is a mystery man to me.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Let the speculation pick up even more.  The Celtics have now signed Yabusele, bringing us up to 16 guaranteed players:

Easy speculation.  IT is not guaranteed to be ready to go this season, and Larkin is (slightly expensive) insurance for that.  If IT is healthy or Smart and Rozier look capable of holding down the fort for a short time in the beginning of the season, Larkin will be released.  If Larkin plays well and there is a need for him, Theis will be released.  There's also the outside shot that when Boston and Smart can't agree to an extension, he is traded, but I emphasize "outside shot."  If Larkin has a good training camp, it's not impossible that someone will claim him after he's released and the Celtics won't owe him any money at all.  They've released a player with a guaranteed contract after each of the last three training camps, so going into fall with more contracts than roster spaces is nothing new at all.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
The roster Drama officially gets interesting. someone for sure is gone.  I wonder if there was a deal to move Crowder maybe? Pure speculation on my part. Ever since haywards trainer followed everyone except Bradley and Crowder on IG. Bradley was moved so that made that more interesting to me. Another candidate is rozier now that we got Larkin.

It's much more likely that we just cut someone at the end of camp.  Obviously, a trade is always a possibility, but it's not likely to happen before the start of the year.  And do you think that the team let Hayward's trainer know that Crowder was going to get traded, so he didn't follow him on instagram (that's IG, right?), but has other wise kept the secret? Or is it more likely that he just hasn't followed him on Instagram and you're just reading into it?

Heck, it's entirely possible that Crowder blocked him during the whole Hayward cheering incident and just never unblocked him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I'm assuming the plan is to just drop one of Theis or Larkin at the end of camp depending on how they preform. Both are on piddling money and we have no use for cap space anyway, this organization is willing to pay money to get a better look at potential players.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 05:18:04 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Easy speculation.  IT is not guaranteed to be ready to go this season, and Larkin is (slightly expensive) insurance for that.  If IT is healthy or Smart and Rozier look capable of holding down the fort for a short time in the beginning of the season, Larkin will be released.  If Larkin plays well and there is a need for him, Theis will be released.  There's also the outside shot that when Boston and Smart can't agree to an extension, he is traded, but I emphasize "outside shot."  If Larkin has a good training camp, it's not impossible that someone will claim him after he's released and the Celtics won't owe him any money at all.  They've released a player with a guaranteed contract after each of the last three training camps, so going into fall with more contracts than roster spaces is nothing new at all.

Exactly.

When Saltlover speaks, people should listen.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 05:28:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Exactly.

He's literally never been wrong on this forum.  If I needed brain surgery, I'd consult with salty
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Exactly.

He's literally never been wrong on this forum.  If I needed brain surgery, I'd consult with salty

Please don't look earlier today on this forum when I speculate that there might be a reason Yabusele hadn't signed.   :-[

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Finally. They got video from after the signing...

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Exactly.

that might be a mistake, as good as he is, for brain surgery he might just count brain cells and then calculate their monetary worth. smart as he is, i would like to have a doc with some skills as well.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Exactly.

that might be a mistake, as good as he is, for brain surgery he might just count brain cells and then calculate their monetary worth. smart as he is, i would like to have a doc with some skills as well.  ;D

No one's ever confused me for having surgeon's fingers.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Signing 1 extra guy, that's how Danny creates competition for the last spot, so he can see who has the best fighting spirit.
We should have known that as soon as Larkin was signed.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Signing 1 extra guy, that's how Danny creates competition for the last spot, so he can see who has the best fighting spirit.
We should have known that as soon as Larkin was signed.

"We are all just animals in a pit."

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Dancing bear!

I legit have no idea what to expect from this player.