Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342123 times)

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2018, 11:48:31 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Davis top 3 player..nuff said

Davis is obviously a great player. However, how many top 5 players have only made the playoffs twice in their first 6 seasons and only got out of the first round once in that time frame? With all of the star treatment a top 5 player receives by the referees, this seems like an almost impossible feat.
You keep banging this drum, and it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Durant didn't win a playoff series til his 4th year, and not until he had another all star playing alongside him. AD has had no such luxury.

He's generally been on garbage teams with questionable guard play, and then was saddled with a ball hog center who thinks he's a 3 pt shooter. He started to get some continuity and decent guard play for the first time in his career, and his team rolls over Portland, and gave GSW a lot better fight than Lebron did.

AD is the most valuable commodity in the NBA. No one matches up against him, and he can match up against any other big man. The one and only legitimate case against him is he's only averaged 68 games/season, but then he's played 75 in each of the last 2, so it's getting harder to even make that case.

Trading any individual player for AD is a no-brainer. I love JT and hope we can keep him forever, but not trading him straight up for AD is absurd. And a hypothetical, because we're at least a couple years from AD being available anyway.

The 2014-15 season was the first time he made the playoffs, and New Orleans was a tie breaker away from missing the playoffs altogether. Last season was the second time Davis made the playoffs, and they were only two games from missing the playoffs again. Can you imagine LeBron or Durant having a stretch of 6 years like this on any team?

I don't watch him enough to know the answer, but something doesn't add up. LeBron went to his first finals on a team that would have made Davis' team last season look like an all star team. When your a top 5 player, making the playoffs every year should be the bare minimum as far as team success. That's not asking much, when half the league makes the playoffs.

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2018, 05:20:47 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I think the pelicans flamed out by losing cousins and Rondo. The west has gotten even stronger again as the Lakers, Spurs, and Nuggets got better. If the pelicans go into a downspin. What are the Celtics big offer to convince the pelicans to let him go?
I looked at how Davis would work with our current starting lineup and how would they all coexist. I think that a super team needs a guy like Al Horford.

I would do a trade as heartless as it is centered around Rozier, Hayward and the Kings pick. I might throw in a Celtics first rounder.

Keep the Memphis pick and draft a guy to take over Rozier's spot as the 7th guy.

The reason I would want to keep Horford is that he doesn't need that many shots and plays amazing defense. Balancing all the stars and shots needed to go around becomes easier keeping Horford.
Horford plays most effectively as a pf. So Davis can play center.

I want to keep Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum because they are young and give us a future. I see the intensity Jaylen puts into his offseason workouts so I think he is going to be a great all-star someday.

What would you trade for Anthony Davis should he become available?

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
By league rules, any Davis trade must include Kyrie unless Kyrie is no longer on the roster, or until Kyrie signs a new contract with us.  So if your offer doesn’t include Kyrie, it’s really a wasted exercise until next offseason.

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Forgot about that nvm then
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
New Orleans would demand AT LEAST Horford, Brown, Williams or Yabusele, Kings pick, and another future 1st.

Davis is an all time talent, but his injuries scare the crap out of me.

If Boston gets Davis, the vast majority of their cap space will be occupied by Irving, Hayward, and Davis. All guys who have had major injuries. Leaves you no space to retain guys like Tatum and Rozier. Let’s just roll with the young guns. Tatum and Brown have a special opportunity to become a legendary duo.

« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
By league rules, any Davis trade must include Kyrie unless Kyrie is no longer on the roster, or until Kyrie signs a new contract with us.  So if your offer doesn’t include Kyrie, it’s really a wasted exercise until next offseason.

Which is fine because I dont think there is anyway they move him before next offseason anyway. If you want Davis root for them to miss the playoffs or get crushed round one.

« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Does Kyrie need to be included for any Davis, or just Anthony?

Anyway, since we are hallucinating, lets send Kyrie, Morris and the Sacramento pick to Minnesota so we fulfill the Jimmy Butler/Kyrie prophecy, while Towns, Taj Gibson, Terry Rozier, the Memphis pick and the Clippers pick go to New Orleans, and we finally get Anthony Davis, as a fitting final accomplishment of the CelticsBlog forum.

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Nothing..we got a championship calibur team now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2018, 07:48:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Play out the year. When Horford opts in trade him, Brown and Kings pick for Davis and Moore.

Move Hayward to SG.

Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Davis, Baynes

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2018, 06:53:40 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Given AD's talent and salt's point above -- my family, friends, career aspirations, physical well-being, and box set of all 7 seasons of the Gilmore Girls.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2018, 08:04:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
whatever it took.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
3-team trade:

Kyrie to Minnesota
Wiggins and SAC pick (and Yabusele for salary matching purposes thanks to AD’s trade kicker) to New Orleans
Davis to Celtics

Minnesota gets Kyrie to pair with Butler, and the Bird rights to both.
New Orleans gets a potential franchise player just starting his second deal and a pick with high potential to be in the top 5.
Celtics get Davis.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:25:22 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
3-team trade:

Kyrie to Minnesota
Wiggins and SAC pick to New Orleans
Davis to Celtics

New Orleans gets a potential franchise player just starting his second deal and a pick with high potential to be in the top 5.
Celtics get Davis.
That is no where near enough for New Orleans and Minnesota makes out like bandits.  I'd think the Pelicans would want to dump some salary at a minimum in that trade.

2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
3-team trade:

Kyrie to Minnesota
Wiggins and SAC pick to New Orleans
Davis to Celtics

Celtics get Davis.
That is no where near enough for New Orleans and Minnesota makes out like bandits.  I'd think the Pelicans would want to dump some salary at a minimum in that trade.

That’s fine.  This is a silly dream thread because nothing is happening in real life.

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
It's only logical to assume that the Pels aren't gonna trade AD this year. Not after they 've just swept the Blazers. I mean, they didn't trade him when they were a lottery team, why would they trade him this year?

Anyway, hopefully they suck in 2018-19 and Danny makes a trade for AD next summer. Time will tell.