Author Topic: NBA D-League can use one challenge on personal or shooting fouls  (Read 2084 times)

NBA D-League can use one challenge on personal or shooting fouls
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Marc D'Amico ?@Marc_DAmico  7m
.@nbadleague announces coaches can use one challenge on personal or shooting fouls during 2014-15 season. Could be test for future @NBA use.

Mark Murphy ?@Murf56  1m
Get ready to add time. NBADL experimenting with one-per regulation coach challenge for certain kinds of plays w/video review. NBA next?

Re: NBA D-League can use one challenge on personal or shooting fouls
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As ambiguous as the "official" and "unofficial" rules for contact are in basketball, I can't see any way this works out well.  It seems like it'd have to be a truly phantom foul to get overruled.

Re: NBA D-League can use one challenge on personal or shooting fouls
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This furthers my belief that the NBA never actually wanted a 44min game.  If anything they looked around and realized they could get away with long games.

I don't know why they put on a show to try the 44 min game. I think if anything they wanted to gauge people's reaction to it to determine if they could get away with adding time.  As we all recall the 44 min idea received unanimous negative feedback, thus paving the way to do a move like this... Which would help in the next TV deal.

Yes, I see conspiracy everywhere.