Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 277847 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1035 on: April 24, 2018, 01:23:24 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Westbrook is really getting exposed this series. It is bad when Mitt Romney starts taughting him.

If you swapped Rondo with Westbrook when the playoffs started what would things look like now?

Great observation - TP :). If Rondo played with George, PG would easily average 30-35 ppg in the playoffs, lol ;D.

Utah is fun to watch.  They actually play as a team and all of them know their roles.  I am enjoying watching them destroy OKC.

I thought about this during the regular season, but can you imagine if Hayward had elected to stay there? Holy crap :o. Utah still would have gotten Mitchell and Rubio, and wow, just wow. That team might have won it all, this year.

Ehhh let's not get carried away. They still had to go through the other brutal West, and then the likes of Houston and Golden State, who are the true NBA Finalists in the Western Conference Finals.

Eh, west being deep is a thing of the past. East have four 50-win teams. West only have 2 and East won the head-to-head matchup this season.

« Reply #1036 on: April 24, 2018, 01:25:12 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Jazz and Rockets are go na be an entertaining series.

Can't sleep on Utah. May even upset the Rockets really.

« Reply #1037 on: April 24, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Westbrook is really getting exposed this series. It is bad when Mitt Romney starts taughting him.

If you swapped Rondo with Westbrook when the playoffs started what would things look like now?

Great observation - TP :). If Rondo played with George, PG would easily average 30-35 ppg in the playoffs, lol ;D.

Utah is fun to watch.  They actually play as a team and all of them know their roles.  I am enjoying watching them destroy OKC.

I thought about this during the regular season, but can you imagine if Hayward had elected to stay there? Holy crap :o. Utah still would have gotten Mitchell and Rubio, and wow, just wow. That team might have won it all, this year.

Ehhh let's not get carried away. They still had to go through the other brutal West, and then the likes of Houston and Golden State, who are the true NBA Finalists in the Western Conference Finals.

Idk, man, that team would have been loaded.

« Reply #1038 on: April 24, 2018, 01:40:21 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I was watching this game and wondering how dangerous they would’ve been had Hayward stayed.

Mitchell is the real deal and Gobert knows his role, plus they have a great supporting cast. Snyder is a good coach too.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1039 on: April 24, 2018, 01:42:45 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Hayward must've made a costly mistake going to Boston.

If he stayed in Utah, he would not have suffered that injury in game #1.  ::) ::) ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1040 on: April 24, 2018, 01:43:09 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Joe Ingles!!!

That is all.

« Reply #1041 on: April 24, 2018, 01:53:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If he stayed in Utah, he would not have suffered that injury in game #1.  ::) ::) ::)
Lol, TP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1042 on: April 24, 2018, 02:08:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I was watching this game and wondering how dangerous they would’ve been had Hayward stayed.

Now watch the Celtics preIrving injury and wonder how dangerous the Celtics would have been had Hayward not got injured. Add a healthy Hayward to a 45+win Utah team in the west and wonder how far they would go. Now add a healthy Hayward to a 54 win Celtic team in the East and wonder how far that team goes.

« Reply #1043 on: April 24, 2018, 02:10:21 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Honestly, that very well could have been the case given that it was such a freak injury, but we'll never know, now.

« Reply #1044 on: April 24, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Now watch the Celtics preIrving injury and wonder how dangerous the Celtics would have been had Hayward not got injured. Add a healthy Hayward to a 45+win Utah team in the west and wonder how far they would go. Now add a healthy Hayward to a 54 win Celtic team in the East and wonder how far that team goes.
Pre-Irving, pre-Theis and pre-Smart injuries + Hayward

My oh my.

Brad should be licking his lips

« Reply #1045 on: April 24, 2018, 02:14:09 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Honestly, that very well could have been the case given that it was such a freak injury, but we'll never know, now.

Hayward should have NO REGRETS coming to Boston though. Brown and Tatum are going to be the future. And the LAL '18 or SAC '19 pick. Finally, he still got Brad Stevens.

He can still win championships with the Celtics and going through the East. He wouldn't wanna go through the blood bath in the West.

« Reply #1046 on: April 24, 2018, 02:16:01 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

My oh my.

That team (when healthy) is going to the NBA Finals. I don't care what you tell me. They'll sweep their way through the playoffs. Including the Cavaliers. WHEN HEALTHY.

« Reply #1047 on: April 24, 2018, 02:22:21 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

My oh my.

That team (when healthy) is going to the NBA Finals. I don't care what you tell me. They'll sweep their way through the playoffs. Including the Cavaliers. WHEN HEALTHY.
the starting 5 with perk are undefeated in any playoff series

« Reply #1048 on: April 24, 2018, 02:52:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

My oh my.

Agree wholeheartedly!

« Reply #1049 on: April 24, 2018, 03:01:21 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Take it easy.

I’ve watched every Celtics game this season, I know full well what this team can and will be next season. My point was we will never know what Utah would have been and there was a very realistic possibility that could have been an option (and good chance he doesn’t break his leg in a freak play).

I don’t, however, watch an awful lot of Jazz games and the handful that I’ve seen this season they have exceeded expectations. They are a good team. And that’s after losing an all-star.

Not sure what comparing them to us means, nobody would argue who has the better roster. And definitely not the point of my post you quoted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:12:24 AM by GreenEnvy »
CELTICS 2024