Author Topic: What if: Kemba says yes, jordan demands reparations, houston wants Butler  (Read 3432 times)

Re: Kemba says yes, jordan demands reparations, houston wants Butler
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Harden 37.8
Batum 25.5
Tucker 8.3
Nene 3.8
Biyombo 17
+ 7 minimum charges
= 99 million.

How do they sign Butler with without enough cap space. Please stop spending so much time on bad sign and trades without figuring out if they even work as proposed.

No. I dont think I will stop at all.

You can feel free to stop reading and responding though.

We wouldn't trade Hayward we would just sign Kemba.

Nice try though.

No we would trade hayward if possible, cause that maintains capspace for anither max player.

If kemba wants boston, then offering hayward in a sign and trade is the most sensible thing to do.

To not offer is screwing the team over.

I mean.

Would you rather kemba and hayward?
Or kemba and vooch plus more?
Or kemba and bryant and randle?

Hell you want a guy who has been an allstar 1 time, is 2 years removed from a bad injury and plays the same position as the guy yoi are building around

Or a guy who is a multi time allstar, who is a scoring machine and who fills one of the positions of weakness and would fit great beside your future, not behind them.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This is incredibly far fetched.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Celtics offer kemba the max. He accepts cause Boston is far superior to Charlotte.

Jordan cries, he needs to put together a "winning team" accepts a sign and trade of hayward and a future pick(they wanted him a few seasons ago) for kemba.

Jordan then decides he needs an airjordan sponsored athlete and a local kid to come back to help them win. So he deals batum and biyombo for him and a pick from houston.

Houston is like, hell yeah lets get butler, so the also trade capela to boston for a large tpe.

Houston now can offer a max contract to butler.

Harden
Butler
Batum
Tucker
Biyombo

Paul
Hayward
Bridges
Williams
Zeller

Boston giggles and makes playoffs.

Kemba/edwards/waters
Smart/langford
Brown/semi
Tatum/williams
Capela/williams.

There is only a couple of centers in the league that would cover having tatum be a pf, but capella is one, especially qith 3 terrific defenders on the court with him all capable of switching.

Sign vets to round out roster.
I think this is your 42nd attempt to trade Hayward.  No thanks.

Hayward is trash. Needs to be traded or the season will be a failure
Hilarious. You know how hard it is to take your talent evaluation seriously when none of your trades are grounded in reality? Very hard.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
No matter how many ridiculous threads you make about trading Hayward, it isn't going to happen.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I mean.

Kemba and Hayward.

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Harden 37.8
Batum 25.5
Tucker 8.3
Nene 3.8
Biyombo 17
+ 7 minimum charges
= 99 million.

How do they sign Butler with without enough cap space. Please stop spending so much time on bad sign and trades without figuring out if they even work as proposed.

Instead of addressing his feedback and understanding how cap/trade math works, you kicked the monopoly board. Just the other day you tried to pass off that the Celtics had 40 million in cap space (before the Baynes trade). You need to read the cba, how cap space is calculated, what cap holds are, incomplete roster charges, the exceptions, etc. if you want to be taken seriously in transaction threads.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I mean.

Kemba and Hayward.
Yup, lol. I expect Hayward to be better than those guys next year (although Vuce and Randle, depending on where they go, might put up better numbers)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
C's arent trading Hayward if they are going after Walker. Need an other vet presence with the young guys. Plus DA has some mending of the Celtics rep to take care of. Trading an other hurt star wpuld kill future FA signings.

No it wont.

Losing and tying up too much capspace kills signing people in the future

Actually keeping Haywards contract this year could help the future in a couple ways. If he doesn't get back to Utah-ish Hayward, he may opt out. I think he's a pretty level headed guy and part of the issue last season was it was getting to him that he wasn't producing and the weight of it was getting to his head. This now pens up cap next summer.

OR

DA uses his contract as an expiring to snag a big name who wants out, or semi big contract and extra bits.

You're acting like Hayward has 4 years left on the contract when it could be opened up next summer.

And YES it could hurt FA signings trading Hayward right now before he's had a summer of no rehab and just work on his game. Dude was still healing during the season. Rest is a huge thing, and him playing on it every day  and rehabbing every day, prolonged his ankle to be 100%. Those ligaments were still weak. Now he's had rest, and he can get work in with out worrying about al the other things. Then see were he's at this fall.

AD, well his father, didn't like how they treated IT4, and I think that was in the back of there mind, and it's been reported that other players took a double take at Boston because of it.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Harden 37.8
Batum 25.5
Tucker 8.3
Nene 3.8
Biyombo 17
+ 7 minimum charges
= 99 million.

cripes. where is the ignore button when you really need it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva