Author Topic: Shams: cavs want to trade Tristan Thompson for Deandre Jordan  (Read 4989 times)

Shams: cavs want to trade Tristan Thompson for Deandre Jordan
« on: January 12, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://sports.yahoo.com/another-blowout-loss-lebron-james-puts-cavs-notice-064240100.html

Does doc pull the trigger or help us by not doing it? I don't see why doc does it. Clippers been winning recently

Re: Shams: cavs want to trade Tristan Thompson for Deandre Jordan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:02:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
"Thomas has made a successful return from a serious hip surgery, but is still finding his offensive rhythm, shooting 5-of-26 from the field over his past two games. Around the Cavaliers, there are no worries: Thomas will find his way, but must continue to be aggressive. There had been moments he passed when teammates expected him to shoot, almost second-guessing his shot selection rather than sticking to his gut and true game."

So... which is it? He has an agenda, he shouldn't be shooting... or he's not being aggressive enough.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
"Thomas has made a successful return from a serious hip surgery, but is still finding his offensive rhythm, shooting 5-of-26 from the field over his past two games. Around the Cavaliers, there are no worries: Thomas will find his way, but must continue to be aggressive. There had been moments he passed when teammates expected him to shoot, almost second-guessing his shot selection rather than sticking to his gut and true game."

So... which is it? He has an agenda, he shouldn't be shooting... or he's not being aggressive enough.

From that nonsensical paragraph it seems like Isaiah isn't 100% healthy, but obviously he needs more reps, and more chances to fully get himself conditioned. It seems like he's afraid of being selfish and at times being too passive. I tend to think Isaiah will figure it out. Defensively? Nah, I don't think so.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Them wanting DJ is pretty much an open secret. But they Clips shouldn't settle for just Tristan Thompson and spare change. Is Tristan + Channing Frye + Cleveland's own late 1st enough? Idk.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Aren't the Clippers poised to, potentially, clear a ton of cap space this offseason?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 02:07:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not honestly sure if Deandre makes them better.  Can you really play Deandre in crunch time against the Warriors?  Isn't he a downgrade from Thompson in terms of his ability to defend smaller players on switches?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't help but think that when Lebron was going off on his team mates that IT was thinking to himself, "I can see why Kyrie wanted outta here now!"

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Aren't the Clippers poised to, potentially, clear a ton of cap space this offseason?

I don't think so. They're flirting with the hard cap right now and they don't have many expirings. They're talking about extending Lou Williams and then they have Blake maxed out and then Gallo at $21m.

I'm not honestly sure if Deandre makes them better.  Can you really play Deandre in crunch time against the Warriors?  Isn't he a downgrade from Thompson in terms of his ability to defend smaller players on switches?

I think DJ is significantly better then Tristan defensively. I also think he's a more natural fit next to Love.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
https://sports.yahoo.com/another-blowout-loss-lebron-james-puts-cavs-notice-064240100.html

Does doc pull the trigger or help us by not doing it? I don't see why doc does it. Clippers been winning recently

Would the trade be Thompson and the Brooklyn pick? Cause that would be a terrible deal for the Cavs considering Jordan will be a free agent. Thompson has negative trade value right now given his contract, so the Cavs would have to give something significant along with Thompson to interest the clips. Thompson is averaging a career low in points, rebounds, blocks and minutes and has been criticized for his effort at times.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If the Clippers and Doc rivers have half a brain they do not entertain any deal that doesn't get them the Nets pick.

Thompson is an under sized over payed role player in a role that can easily be filled at his 16mill price point. I think they are better off letting Jordan walk in the off-season rather then take on Thompson's deal for little more then the Cavs late 1st.

If the deal is Thompson and the Nets pick then 100% trade Jordan. I suspect the Nets will finish in the 10-14 range and while not a spot that they will likely find a star a player like Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges or Kevin Know could be a valuable piece for them moving forward.

As for the actual game on the court. I would love to see the Cavs land Jordan. He limits them in late game situations with his FT shooting and likely pushes them back to playing Love more at the PF.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If the Clippers and Doc rivers have half a brain they do not entertain any deal that doesn't get them the Nets pick.

Thompson is an under sized over payed role player in a role that can easily be filled at his 16mill price point. I think they are better off letting Jordan walk in the off-season rather then take on Thompson's deal for little more then the Cavs late 1st.

If the deal is Thompson and the Nets pick then 100% trade Jordan. I suspect the Nets will finish in the 10-14 range and while not a spot that they will likely find a star a player like Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges or Kevin Know could be a valuable piece for them moving forward.

As for the actual game on the court. I would love to see the Cavs land Jordan. He limits them in late game situations with his FT shooting and likely pushes them back to playing Love more at the PF.
I agree that the nets pick is fair value for Jordan. If clippers are lucky they get deandre back in Mo Bamba. If not like you said the other bigs available aren't so bad

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
personally, i would love it if TT was traded away from the Cavs.

i'd rather see anyone else in a Cavs uniform come playoff time.

I feel like he kills us every single year. We have never had an answer for him down low.   would be so happy if hes gone.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
LeBron still want help if they get jordan
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I laughed at the time and I'm still laughing about when, I think it was the guys on TNT, said that the Cavs had the 4 best players on the court last year in the C's/Cavs series.  This was BEFORE IT was shut down.  Tristan Thompson better than IT?  In what freaking universe?

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Good point. Lebron might be better with Clips than Lakers; Blake, Beverly (healthy) and Williams (on a re-sign).