Author Topic: How will Marbury/Moore affect the chemistry?  (Read 2840 times)

How will Marbury/Moore affect the chemistry?
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I think the topic header asks exactly what is on a lot of our minds.  I honestly don't know where to start on that thought, so I thought I'd throw the question out to my CB brethren and sisters to gauge our collective thoughts.

On the one hand, I love how we are grooving right now minus KG and all.  However, we know we need some support for the playoffs and the new editions need time to get the system (particularly on defense).  I guess my biggest fear is, does this help us in the playoffs but potentially cost us home court advantage as we try to work the guys in?  Last year, we had a comfortable cushion in the standings while working in PJ and Sam.  This year, the cushion is gone.

Help me!   :-\

Re: How will Marbury/Moore affect the chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
No one can really answer that until they begin to practice/play. I think Moore will blend in nicely, as he is a high energy guy and knows his role will be to rebound, play post D and hit an ocassional mid-range jump shot.

Marbury has never been a bench player, and will need time to shake off the rust from not having played in over a year. Doc, KG, Ray and PP will have to keep the reigns pulled tight on him would be my guess.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
No one can really answer that until they begin to practice/play. I think Moore will blend in nicely, as he is a high energy guy and knows his role will be to rebound, play post D and hit an ocassional mid-range jump shot.

Marbury has never been a bench player, and will need time to shake off the rust from not having played in over a year. Doc, KG, Ray and PP will have to keep the reigns pulled tight on him would be my guess.

Exactly my thought.

Only reason I can think of adding Stephon Marbury and not ruining team chemistry is Kevin Garnett.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I think it helps. Now the second unit has a penetrator that can kick to eddie and mikki for open jump shots (as well as Pierce or Allen).

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think the answer is that we don't exactly know; however, I think we can be certain that with the Big Three that nothing is going to shatter this team.  The worst that happens is that Marbury ends up like Cassell or Moore is useless.  If that happens, we just don't play them or we could simply cut them. 

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Getting Marbury is Huge for us. Huge.  He will make our second unit so much better, and can spell Rondo with the first unit. Huge. Forget that cancer stuff. He has so much to prove by helping us win. 

Reminds me of Rodman to the Bulls.

Or Aguire to the Pistons.

This helps shore up our biggest weakness.  Way to go, Danny.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Moore gets high marks from teammates from J kidd to VC

http://crazymotion.net/real-nba-mikki-moore/wnSDUNRw0IIQjAy.html

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
From everything I've heard, Moore is a fantastic teammate.  Starbury...  ???  Time will tell.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I have heard the same RH.  I think Moore is going to be a great addition on the floor and in the locker room.  He seems like a high energy vet.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Moore could be a very solid role player.  If he can hit some jumpers, finish quick at the rim and maybe get a few alley oops he will be a steal.  I don't expect him to be much better overall than Big Baby though.  I think Baby has been playing well and will be tough to supplant from the rotation.

Marbury can ruin the team or be a very solid contributor.  I'm hoping the latter obviously.  What he can bring is a guy that brings some of the strengths of Rondo and House with less of the weaknesses.  He can drive and dish like Rondo but also hit outside jumpers like Eddie.  The problem is he doesn't defend nearly as well as Rondo.  The good thing is the C's have a great system and it's not predicated on individual defenders (although individual defense has to be solid).  I almost prefer Pruitt but it doesn't seem like Doc wants to play him so why not give Marbury a shot.  He used to be awesome.  I just hope he can be an effective role player.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I posted this in the other Marbury thread......

I am excited to see him and Rondo on the floor together if it they do play together. It may not work but this would be I nice small and fast line up.
-Rondo
-Marbury
-R Allen
-Peirce
-Garnett
I think this unit would be lethal, fast and high scoring(Up-tempo)
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

and the facts that no one cares what marbury thinks.

Its hard to be a cancer making the league minimum in a strong locker room, the whole primadona act dosen't work when you dont have 22 million in pull from the front office.

Exactly my thought.

Only reason I can think of adding Stephon Marbury and not ruining team chemistry is Kevin Garnett.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 10:47:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Moore has plenty of experience in joining new teams and becoming a roll player.

Marbury?  Who knows.