Author Topic: Grant Williams a Real Power Forward  (Read 16165 times)

Re: Grant Williams a Real Power Forward
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
This guy isn’t close to Draymond Green. He doesn’t have the length of Green and he can’t jump. There is no indication that he can play defense like Green. The C’s will be lucky if he becomes a rotational bench player.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If grant Williams does a 360 floater in a game I’ll buy a jersey
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Has Grant played against Zion?

He seems like the perfect guy to cover Zion.

No

But he did play vs Gonzaga (against Hachimura and Clarke) and also Kentucky several times (against PJ Washington)

Positive outcomes
Gonzaga guys had the monster games against Williams. Scof was the big factor.

Kentucky he did really well against but Kentucky is more of a finesse team.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a guy I will be watching with interest during summer league to see if he has NBA game.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
He is a guy I will be watching with interest during summer league to see if he has NBA game.
Unfortunately summer league usually doesn't show enough to see that. Pre season you get much more. I want to see how he does in pre season

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

No

But he did play vs Gonzaga (against Hachimura and Clarke) and also Kentucky several times (against PJ Washington)

Positive outcomes

about 20 points each is not what I would call monster games.  Williams also had good stats

Tennessee won a close one.  End of the day, Williams specialty was winning for the past two seasons for Tennessee. 

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 11:44:25 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

No

Positive outcomes

about 20 points each is not what I would call monster games.  Williams also had good stats

Tennessee won a close one.  End of the day, Williams specialty was winning for the past two seasons for Tennessee.
For college two bigs each having 20 and 8 is monster games.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Unfortunately summer league usually doesn't show enough to see that. Pre season you get much more. I want to see how he does in pre season

agreed

KO looked like the "next coming" during pre season lol

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2019, 11:45:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

If he were 6'8" legit. He would have been the fourth pick in the draft.

This dude is the Real deal. He brings the Power to The forward position. No more worries about Skinny Tatum at PF.

Think Draymond Green here people. Not as switchable on D against guards for sure. A much, much better offensive player than Green at the same age for sure.

This kid is the meaning of the word strong. His weight does not justify how Ungodly his strength truly is.

Spin moves  Galore. Spins off his man in the post like he's Kevin McHale. 360 floaters, Drop step Dunks. Jab step jumpers. Fade away jumpers got it.

Kid really had the whole bag of tricks inside 16 feet and the three is coming. He's a great FT shooter and a tremendous player. The Three will come I guarantee it.

Take a look at this scouting video it's great.

https://youtu.be/Q3I6unqUOlA

lol what a write up? I skipped the video but when did Cs draft Zion? 8)

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

agreed

KO looked like the "next coming" during pre season lol
He had that one playoff game maybe his time was just very short lol

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2019, 11:50:13 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
He's strong but does look undersized and unfortunately doesn't have a freakish wing span to make up for it. I agree that if he were 6'9" or 6'10" he's probably a top five pick for sure. This said, his two best skills to me look like:
1) His general BBIQ, overall skill set and understanding of how to play the game
2) Perhaps most importantly he really understands how to use his body and his strength, in small spaces, to A) Create space to get his shot off and B) create contact for and ones as he has the strength to finish through contact

I'm liking the pick a bit more the more I see of him and the more I listen to him talk. Super bright kid.

He may not be our long term starter at PF in time, but I'd be surprised if he didn't turn into a solid long term rotation/role player guy for many years

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

This dude is the Real deal. He brings the Power to The forward position. No more worries about Skinny Tatum at PF.

Think Draymond Green here people. Not as switchable on D against guards for sure. A much, much better offensive player than Green at the same age for sure.

This kid is the meaning of the word strong. His weight does not justify how Ungodly his strength truly is.

Spin moves  Galore. Spins off his man in the post like he's Kevin McHale. 360 floaters, Drop step Dunks. Jab step jumpers. Fade away jumpers got it.

Kid really had the whole bag of tricks inside 16 feet and the three is coming. He's a great FT shooter and a tremendous player. The Three will come I guarantee it.

Not Zion

but pound for pound the 2nd best PF prospect in the draft

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 11:54:39 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Not Zion

you do understand that the qualification pound for pound is used to compare boxers across weight classes. So why are we using pound for pound to get Williams to #2?

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He's strong but does look undersized and unfortunately doesn't have a freakish wing span to make up for it. I agree that if he were 6'9" or 6'10" he's probably a top five pick for sure. This said, his two best skills to me look like:
1) His general BBIQ, overall skill set and understanding of how to play the game
2) Perhaps most importantly he really understands how to use his body and his strength, in small spaces, to A) Create space to get his shot off and B) create contact for and ones as he has the strength to finish through contact

I'm liking the pick a bit more the more I see of him and the more I listen to him talk. Super bright kid.

He may not be our long term starter at PF in time, but I'd be surprised if he didn't turn into a solid long term rotation/role player guy for many years

If Williams replaces Morris production.... If Williams and Semi can take care of this

Thats all you can ask for , from him in his first season

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Not Zion

you do understand that the qualification pound for pound is used to compare boxers across weight classes. So why are we using pound for pound to get Williams to #2?
I thought is was tongue in cheek. And fits in reference to "plenty of weight with skill and strength" combination. Not exactly as the way boxing uses it. That's how I took it.