Author Topic: Grant Williams a Real Power Forward  (Read 16167 times)

Grant Williams a Real Power Forward
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:36:29 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If he were 6'8" legit. He would have been the fourth pick in the draft.

This dude is the Real deal. He brings the Power to The forward position. No more worries about Skinny Tatum at PF.

Think Draymond Green here people. Not as switchable on D against guards for sure. A much, much better offensive player than Green at the same age for sure.

This kid is the meaning of the word strong. His weight does not justify how Ungodly his strength truly is.

Spin moves  Galore. Spins off his man in the post like he's Kevin McHale. 360 floaters, Drop step Dunks. Jab step jumpers. Fade away jumpers got it.

Kid really had the whole bag of tricks inside 16 feet and the three is coming. He's a great FT shooter and a tremendous player. The Three will come I guarantee it.

Take a look at this scouting video it's great.

https://youtu.be/Q3I6unqUOlA

Re: Grant Williams a Real Power Forward
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 06:44:03 AM »

Offline maklin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
are you this kids manager?

:D

he's too small after all. nice moves though. still... too many bigger dudes in the NBA with a better skillset.
yabus highlight videos looked good too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:50:24 AM by maklin »
Disappointment is anger for wimps.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 07:29:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This kid is the meaning of the word strong. His weight does not justify how Ungodly his strength truly is.

He did 185 lbs 20 times, that is stronger than many NBA athletes but if you think that is strong, you need to get out more.   Smart did 18 I believe.   I want the guy to succeed but that is simply not the freakish strength that you describe.   Might sound strong to John Doe off the street though.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I thought he couldn’t dunk?

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 07:51:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
3pt shooting is looking good via draftexpress workout video.  Much quicker looking shot from NBA line vs sec needed to setup from college 3

https://youtu.be/KawcTNLcLlU
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:56:40 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 07:53:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

This dude is the Real deal. He brings the Power to The forward position. No more worries about Skinny Tatum at PF.

Think Draymond Green here people. Not as switchable on D against guards for sure. A much, much better offensive player than Green at the same age for sure.

Spin moves  Galore. Spins off his man in the post like he's Kevin McHale. 360 floaters, Drop step Dunks. Jab step jumpers. Fade away jumpers got it.

Kid really had the whole bag of tricks inside 16 feet and the three is coming. He's a great FT shooter and a tremendous player. The Three will come I guarantee it.

Change of heart?

I could have sworn you werent happy with these picks...

What I like about Williams also was how he was able to score over longer players and box them out for rebounds repeatedly. NBA is a different animal... but still we know Williams will battle/knows ways to overcome length

As games got more intense, Williams rose to the challenge. Kid has a high motor

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He did 185 lbs 20 times, that is stronger than many NBA athletes but if you think that is strong, you need to get out more.   Smart did 18 I believe.   I want the guy to succeed but that is simply not the freakish strength that you describe.   Might sound strong to John Doe off the street though.

What's up Celtics. If I remember right you were a real baller at one point right?

Anyway he tested in the top 99 percentile in recent years, but that's just testing.

Watch him. His strength on the Court is virtually unmatched. He's stronger than almost anyone guarding him.

When he puts his body on the defender they go flying out of his way. Just watch his film.

Even in here people are not taking seriously this guy is the future PF here for a long time.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Change of heart?

I could have sworn you werent happy with these picks...

What I like about Williams also was how he was able to score over longer players and box them out for rebounds repeatedly. NBA is a different animal... but still we know Williams will battle/knows ways to overcome length

As games got more intense, Williams rose to the challenge. Kid has a high motor

No doubt TB. After watching and reading everything I can about Romeo, Williams, Carsen, Mason, and Tacko.

This kid is really impressive. Even his athleticism is impressive I'm it's own way.

He's so consistent with his athleticism. He's an endurance Athlete. He beats you with persistence.

Detractors you will believe in time. You will see. He's the truth.

Remember this. I was angry about no Sekou and lack of size. Trust me he's no Yabu. This kid has it.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 10:49:59 AM »

Offline chiken

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
His "on-court" Demeanor and his BBIQ on both sides remind me of Tim Duncan...

I think this guy is going to be a special player for us.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
His "on-court" Demeanor and his BBIQ on both sides remind me of Tim Duncan...

I think this guy is going to be a special player for us.

No doubt brother. I'm disappointed Celtics fans aren't taking about him more.

That's an interesting comp. I might start calling him 6'5" Tim Duncan LoL

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 11:03:48 AM »

Offline Cousy14

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Has Grant played against Zion?

He seems like the perfect guy to cover Zion.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 11:07:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Sadly they didn't play against each other last season. G Williams had a number of good games against other strong teams, but no Duke
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

i do not believe the OP simply cited strength as the only strength for Williams.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No

But he did play vs Gonzaga (against Hachimura and Clarke) and also Kentucky several times (against PJ Washington)

Positive outcomes