Author Topic: Uneasy to watch Xavier Tillman and Desmond Bane playing well  (Read 2315 times)

Uneasy to watch Xavier Tillman and Desmond Bane playing well
« on: January 22, 2021, 11:32:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Grizzlies are on a 5 game winning streak

Tillman and Bane don't look like rookies and are playing very well for late 1st/2nd round picks

I was really hoping that Danny would take Tillman with the 30th pick.   For the Bane fans,  he was taken 30th. But then traded

I do like Thompson, but watching highlights, it seems like Tillman can pretty much do similar things on the court. But also has higher skill level.  Tillman can also do some of the things Grant Williams can do. Tillman is a big boy and moves well for his size

Tillman highlights vs Suns 12 pts, 6 reb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MfkO6ck6E

Tillman highlights vs 76ers 15 pts, 4 reb, 4steals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hQbge3Y3o

Re: Uneasy to watch Xavier Tillman and Desmond Bane playing well
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 11:34:34 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Grizzlies are on a 5 game winning streak

Tillman and Bane don't look like rookies and are playing very well for late 1st/2nd round picks

I was really hoping that Danny would take Tillman with the 30th pick.   For the Bane fans,  he was taken 30th. But then traded

I do like Thompson, but watching highlights, it seems like Tillman can pretty much do similar things on the court. But also has higher skill level.  Tillman can also do some of the things Grant Williams can do. Tillman is a big boy and moves well for his size

Tillman highlights vs Suns 12 pts, 6 reb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MfkO6ck6E

Tillman highlights vs 76ers 15 pts, 4 reb, 4steals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hQbge3Y3o

Yeah, Bane, sigh...

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
His hand size is nearly as big/long as Leonard, right?

You can tell it really helps in certain situations 

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The 2020 draft was the deepest I ever dove into one NBA draft and I will be very interested to see how it plays out over the next few years. Tillman was my guy in this draft. Aside from some crazy trade up for Wiseman speculation or the chance that DA took the ceiling gamble on Precious every mock I made included the Cs landing Tillman. In my final rankings I had Tillman ranked 21st. I also really liked Bane and only had him pushed down in my rankings because I feared his lack of length would effect his overall defensive versatility. I had Bane ranked 27th.

It has been talked about on here a lot and it is unfair to pass judgment on the Nesmith (17th on my board) pick this early. Pritchard has really surprised me. I felt he would carve out a long term role in the league as a 3rd guard and because of this (and the relative ease in finding 3rd string PGs) I had Pritchard 48th on my board.

While its not fair to use hindsight I am going to anyways. In theory the Cs could have traded the #14 pick and Edwards to one of the teams drafting 31-35, for their 2020 2nd and likely a protected future 1st of multiple 2nds. With that the Cs would have easily ended up with Pritchard, Bane and Tillman.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 12:47:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
The 2020 draft was the deepest I ever dove into one NBA draft and I will be very interested to see how it plays out over the next few years. Tillman was my guy in this draft. Aside from some crazy trade up for Wiseman speculation or the chance that DA took the ceiling gamble on Precious every mock I made included the Cs landing Tillman. In my final rankings I had Tillman ranked 21st. I also really liked Bane and only had him pushed down in my rankings because I feared his lack of length would effect his overall defensive versatility. I had Bane ranked 27th.

It has been talked about on here a lot and it is unfair to pass judgment on the Nesmith (17th on my board) pick this early. Pritchard has really surprised me. I felt he would carve out a long term role in the league as a 3rd guard and because of this (and the relative ease in finding 3rd string PGs) I had Pritchard 48th on my board.

While its not fair to use hindsight I am going to anyways. In theory the Cs could have traded the #14 pick and Edwards to one of the teams drafting 31-35, for their 2020 2nd and likely a protected future 1st of multiple 2nds. With that the Cs would have easily ended up with Pritchard, Bane and Tillman.

Danny drafted and kept the worst player in the draft so far. What else is new ? Lol
I never understood his draft day trades. Just draft the 4 BPA and figure it out after in terms of roster spots. It’s not like we had irreplaceable players ( Carsen , javonte etc ) filling out to 15

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tillman was my guy.

I wanted Nesmith, Maledon, Tillman.

We’ll see how it works out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Maybe I will be wrong, but man would I like to have Bane or Tillman over Edwards and Nesmith right now.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 01:30:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Maybe I will be wrong, but man would I like to have Bane or Tillman over Edwards and Nesmith right now.

Certainly they have a headstart (Bane and Tillman)

could be also due to opportunities/freedom

I wouldn't be totally shocked if Carsen Edwards joined the Blazers or wherever and and scored much better than he is now

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 02:28:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Nearly everyone on this Board wanted Tillman late first or early 2nd. 

This is not surprising.  He would have fit in well, in lieu of TT.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 01:55:40 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics struggle to draft/acquire good bigs.

They have mainly had success with guards/wings.

The last good big the C's drafted was... Big Al in 2004??