Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53892 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Lakers trade Beasley and Zubiac to clips for Muscala
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:34 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
@wojespn
Adrian Wojnarowski
The deal opens a roster spot and gives the Lakers a chance to sign a player in the buyout market. Muscala gives Lakers some shooting too.Adrian Wojnarowski added,
Adrian Wojnarowski
Verified account

@wojespn
The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:45 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 15s16 seconds ago
More
The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN.

Wasn't Zubac one of the pieces they were offering for AD?

yep.  he's been pretty interesting this year.  lakers are idiots.

« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:25 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Boston putting everything (including the success of this season) into the future basket of AD. I just don't like that. Too many variables.

Rock bottom is going to be if they lose Kyrie and AD is traded elsewhere. Then we are right back where we were a few years ago...collecting young players for the next big deal.

Not necessarily.  They have a timeline and not panicking to what's going on around them.   They have a long term plan.  Guessing one that includes a move for AD and one that doesn't.  They're not going to deviate from that just because MIL & TOR perceivably improved today.   It's not Danny's M.O.

But how does Kyrie feel about that?

Yes, it's not the time that Brown and Tatum (and obviously Williams) are in their primes, but Irving certainly is. We made the conference finals twice in a row, a second round exit is a step back.

Beats me.  I'm not in his head. And I'm not going to project like half the posters on this board.

I'm also not that worried about him walking yet.
I'm with you on this.

people are so worried about Kyrie not resigning if we don't get Davis.  We have to get Kyrie off his current deal before we can get Davis anyway.  If Kyrie resigns (which I can't see not happening), then go for Davis.  If he pulls a shocker and leaves, C's still have some terrific young players, a hopefully-recovered Hayward and 2-4 first round picks (depending on what happens with Memphis and the Clips) to add more talent. 

I'd love to add Davis but the cost makes me a bit leery that adding him guts the team and throws off the chemistry for another year or more.

If Kyrie Left and Al Opts out the C's have a max level spot open to use even if they sign Rozier.  Cap at 109 the C's would have 77m.  Sign Rozier for 14m per year and have 30m left or they can still trade Rozier for young assets in a S&T.  I'm sure there are two paths for the C's.  One with Kyrie and one without.

« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
@wojespn
 23s23 seconds ago
More
The Lakers plan to evaluate the full buyout market once it takes shape, but Carmelo Anthony is expected to be among the considerations too, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3011
  • On To Banner 18!
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 15s16 seconds ago
More

Wasn't Zubac one of the pieces they were offering for AD?

yep.  he's been pretty interesting this year.  lakers are idiots.

Ha! The Lakers are getting Anthony... Carmelo Anthony  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
@wojespn
 5s5 seconds ago
More
The Grizzlies have traded guard Shelvin Mack to the Hawks, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2495
Sad to see the fans have so little faith in our team.

We are young and we are tough. I don't want Ainge making any short-term panic moves. His patience has put us in a remarkable position, and thank god for that.

« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
so 44 minutes left to add Vucevic.

I remain hopeful

What's your offer for him?

Rozier, Morris, Bird and Yabusele

clear roster spots for buyouts, gives Orlando a test run on Rozier prior to offering a large contract to him.

We pick up Ellington and another bigman of waivers.

Smart goes to bench, Brown to starting lineup, Hayward controls ball o second unit.

I don't think it's wise to trade Morris now.
He's been the most consistent Celtic this season.
Celts are going to need his scoring in the playoffs.

Those are shots that I want going to Irving, Hayward, Horford, Vucevic and Tatum in the playoffs, not Morris.

Morris, in the playoffs, should be getting fewer shots, and replacing him with a FAR more consistent Vucevic is an improvement.

Vuc is a better shooter, passer and scorer and more consistant than morris while attracting far more attention...on the celtics he would be lethal.

« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2019, 02:35:32 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
The Lakers gave up on Zubac?

Interesting.

« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2019, 02:36:56 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
@ShamsCharania
 18m18 minutes ago
More
The Clippers are waiving center Marcin Gortat, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium.

« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2019, 02:37:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Boston putting everything (including the success of this season) into the future basket of AD. I just don't like that. Too many variables.

Rock bottom is going to be if they lose Kyrie and AD is traded elsewhere. Then we are right back where we were a few years ago...collecting young players for the next big deal.

Not necessarily.  They have a timeline and not panicking to what's going on around them.   They have a long term plan.  Guessing one that includes a move for AD and one that doesn't.  They're not going to deviate from that just because MIL & TOR perceivably improved today.   It's not Danny's M.O.

But how does Kyrie feel about that?

Yes, it's not the time that Brown and Tatum (and obviously Williams) are in their primes, but Irving certainly is. We made the conference finals twice in a row, a second round exit is a step back.

Beats me.  I'm not in his head. And I'm not going to project like half the posters on this board.

I'm also not that worried about him walking yet.
I'm with you on this.

people are so worried about Kyrie not resigning if we don't get Davis.  We have to get Kyrie off his current deal before we can get Davis anyway.  If Kyrie resigns (which I can't see not happening), then go for Davis.  If he pulls a shocker and leaves, C's still have some terrific young players, a hopefully-recovered Hayward and 2-4 first round picks (depending on what happens with Memphis and the Clips) to add more talent. 

I'd love to add Davis but the cost makes me a bit leery that adding him guts the team and throws off the chemistry for another year or more.

If Kyrie Left and Al Opts out the C's have a max level spot open to use even if they sign Rozier.  Cap at 109 the C's would have 77m.  Sign Rozier for 14m per year and have 30m left or they can still trade Rozier for young assets in a S&T.  I'm sure there are two paths for the C's.  One with Kyrie and one without.

I dont see how anyone outside of Tery's family thinkgs he should get more money per season than Smart.

If smart is worth 12 per season, terry is worth 8 or 9

« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Interesting.

They also just let go of guys like Randle, Lopez, etc in the past when they could have brought them back (RFA). Magic has been overrated as a GM. He was lucky the Russell trade net them Kuzma but otherwise he's been mediocre. Lebron was going to LA anyways regardless if Magic was there. And look now, it seems LBJ (w/media and Rich Paul) has more control of the Lakers lol.

« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2019, 02:38:35 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
@wojespn
 now
More
The Grizzlies are keeping Mike Conley, league sources tell ESPN. Memphis discussed deals with multiple teams, but ultimately decided to hold onto their franchise point guard.

« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Interesting.

They also just let go of guys like Randle, Lopez, etc in the past when they could have brought them back (RFA). Magic has been overrated as a GM. He was lucky the Russell trade net them Kuzma but otherwise he's been mediocre. Lebron was going to LA anyways regardless if Magic was there. And look now, it seems LBJ (w/media and Rich Paul) has more control of the Lakers lol.