Author Topic: Brogdon Trade Idea  (Read 4549 times)

Re: Brogdon Trade Idea
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2023, 05:17:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Brogdon is our backup PG. Unless someone makes a great offer, why would we trade him?

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2023, 08:30:46 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I read an article that says Malcom and Al are training together in Atlanta. I think Jay Scrubb is with them as well. I’m expecting bigger things for Brogdon this year. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 12:40:43 AM by radiohead »

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2023, 08:57:12 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I read an article that says Malcom and Al are training together in Atlanta. I think Jay Scrubb are with them as well. I’m expecting bigger things for Brogdon this year. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

He had a great first season too bad he got hurt in the playoffs. I hope whatever was wrong is fully healed and isnt something that nags him. I strongly believe with a healthy Malcom we were going to the finals.
ok fine

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2023, 08:58:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I think Patrick Williams is worth two picks in the 20's and I think it would take that for Chicago to even consider moving him.  I like his shooting touch and think he'd be a great fit.  He makes under 10 million, so more salary is needed which is why I included Caruso who is a lesser version of Brogdon.  Those 2 make less than Brogdon this year, which gives Boston a bit more wiggle room as well.

I think you just made the point others are trying to make.  If Patrick Williams is worth 2 picks on his own (I have my doubts on that), and Caruso is filler, we are essentially giving Brogdon away for nothing.  I see Brogdon alone as having more value than PWill.  Caruso is filler.  Add in a second round pick in 2030 if needed but not two near term firsts.

I agree vg. Adding two first round picks regardless of where they fall when you are giving up the best player in the deal is malpractice under the new cba. The rookie contracts are absolutely critical and this also arguably makes us worst next year. Pretty lopsided trade that hurts us now and potentially in the future (we also would have no reason to believe we would resign Patrick based on what just happened with grant).

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2023, 10:05:46 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
;D
I wouldn't trade a traffic cone for Isaac. He can take his right-wing grifting and shove it. He is also more fragile than any other player in the league.

You certainly seem very hateful for a left wing person.....think I'd rather hang out with Isaac.

Who told you left-wing people are not hateful? We hate the mfing sh*t out of right-wing grifters.

Funny, I didn't know about Isaac either, and before I googled it, I was like "don't be a fundo Christian, don't be a fundo Christian". You know, like, I was hoping he was some kinda new-age Russell Brand kinda grifter... but oh no, just your average Christian fundo... sigh.

EDIT: Yeah, I still think Brogdon has immense value at that 22 mill per range. I also like his serious professional (Presidential) demeanour. There really isn't a realistic upgrade out there unless he is packaged with picks...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.