Author Topic: Trade Idea: Celtics - Heat  (Read 2955 times)

Trade Idea: Celtics - Heat
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:33:46 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Saw this idea online and thought it was at least worth a discussion.

Celtics: Robinson, Love, 2026 2nd round pick (via Lakers)

Heat: Brogdon

———

Obviously this would only happen if the Heat’s Liliard trade negotiations fell through, and only after October 4th due to Love recently signing an extension.

Boston Celtics

Depth Chart

PG White, Prichard, Banton

SG Brown, Robinson, Walsh

SF Tatum, Hauser, Brissett

PF Horford, Love, (FA)

C  Porzingis, Williams, Kornet
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: Celtics - Heat
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:35:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
No, if Broggy healthy this is a big win for Heat.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 08:25:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Trade the 6th man of the year for a guy that Spolestra benched for half the season and a washed up Kevin Love? That’s a hard pass for me.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 08:31:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No thanks. Brogdan is a key piece to this team.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 08:40:35 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
There are some bad ideas floating around the internet.  This is one of them.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 09:10:09 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Trade the 6th man of the year for a guy that Spolestra benched for half the season and a washed up Kevin Love? That’s a hard pass for me.

Robinson was dropped by Spoelstra because defensively Miami couldn’t play him and Herro together. The Heat actually improved when Herro was injured and they replaced him with Vincent. Love asked to leave because he lost his spot to Mobley, and as you can see he was integral to Miami’s run to the Finals.

I know it’s not the greatest trade idea but it does have its merits. Obviously Brogdon is the superior player but I posted it because of the fit and it helps the Celtics depth.

Robinson’s defensive liabilities are less visible if he was on the Celtics & he offers off ball movement and elite shooting, both of which the Celtics are lacking. Love would be a great back up to Horford & playing with Williams would mitigate his defensive frailties.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 09:27:19 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 09:34:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Robinson was dropped by Spoelstra because defensively Miami couldn’t play him and Herro together. The Heat actually improved when Herro was injured and they replaced him with Vincent. Love asked to leave because he lost his spot to Mobley, and as you can see he was integral to Miami’s run to the Finals.

I know it’s not the greatest trade idea but it does have its merits. Obviously Brogdon is the superior player but I posted it because of the fit and it helps the Celtics depth.

Robinson’s defensive liabilities are less visible if he was on the Celtics & he offers off ball movement and elite shooting, both of which the Celtics are lacking. Love would be a great back up to Horford & playing with Williams would mitigate his defensive frailties.

I don't think we have the passing to utilize that off ball movement.

He can run off ball but if Tatum, Jaylen and Porzingis are all playing one-on-one ball ... it ain't gonna matter much.

Duncan Robinson looks good in Miami because they have Bam who can they run the offense through in the high post. We used to that with Al Horford but we don't anymore and we will do it even less next year because those 3 prolific scorers need the ball so Horford will see even less of it.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 09:45:28 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

I don't think we have the passing to utilize that off ball movement.

He can run off ball but if Tatum, Jaylen and Porzingis are all playing one-on-one ball ... it ain't gonna matter much.

Duncan Robinson looks good in Miami because they have Bam who can they run the offense through in the high post. We used to that with Al Horford but we don't anymore and we will do it even less next year because those 3 prolific scorers need the ball so Horford will see even less of it.

I was thinking more curling off of pindown screens like Ray Allen.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 09:47:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'd rather do some modified version of the trade with the Clippers than this one.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 08:27:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Was it this trade from this site?  This doesn't look exactly like the same trade but somewhat similar.

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/08/03/nba-trade-rumors-miami-heat-boston-celtics-malcolm-brogdon-jimmy-butler-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown-bam-adebayo-tyler-herro-proposal-news/

NBA Analysis Network is absolute garbage with no sources.  All they do is make up stuff for clicks.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 09:08:39 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I guess the goal of this trade is to get more shooting?  Brogdon was 44% from 3 last season.  And I have no interest in Kevin Love.  I would rather have Blake Griffin.  Let MIA pay Kevin Love $4M and he has a player option for the season after.  I rather not help them out to dump him on the Celtics.  I am seeing that he signed this contact on July 6 so I am not even sure he can be traded.  I guess he would become eligible for trade in what, October?

I am good with Malcolm, or if he is so upset that he wants to be traded, we can do better.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2023, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Hard no on Duncan Robinson.

I do not like him in a house. I do not like him with a mouse. I would not, could not, in the rain. Not in the dark. Not on a train. Not in a car. Not in a tree. I would not like him here or there. I would not like him anywhere.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 03:12:28 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I believe that most of Brogdon's problems in the playoffs were caused by injuries. If he's healthy, why trade him? If he is damaged goods, why would Miami want him?