Author Topic: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings  (Read 47535 times)

Re: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 11:08:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would be pretty happy with pursuing Isaiah Stewart. Big aggressive rebounder. Detroit went away from his strengths this season, by both being worse and bigger. He was better last season on the boards, but his massive 3PT shooting jump is very interesting. 205 3PA last season vs 46 the season prior.

Would be happy with Smith or Jackson from Indy. Get some length and athleticism.

Is Wiseman gettable? Wouldn’t mind him.
I think Stewart is available because Wiseman is there.

They like Duren too. They just gave Bagley a prove-it contract as well.
In order of attainable, it probably goes:
1. Stewart
2. Bagley
3. Wiseman
4. Duren

Duren is never happening IMO, unless DET loses the plot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2023, 12:57:17 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Notable highlight of Isaiah Stewart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV64EsYiQnw

I like him. A decent interior presence. He's like an enforcer, and will stick up to himself and his teammates. He's got that Perkins mentality in him, something this team lacks as they're currently soft. Trying to revive the bad boy pistons.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2023, 01:02:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Notable highlight of Isaiah Stewart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV64EsYiQnw

I like him. A decent interior presence. He's like an enforcer, and will stick up to himself and his teammates. He's got that Perkins mentality in him, something this team lacks as they're currently soft. Trying to revive the bad boy pistons.

Ha! A bunch of those highlights came with Wiseman trying to play defense on him and failing. Future teammate. Continued to fail to play defense in DET.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 03:11:46 AM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
The Pacers are expected to be one team in the mix for restricted free agent Grant Williams as well. – via Yahoo! Sports

Sources say the Celtics are exploring ways to bolster the roster, whether it’s a sign-and-trade involving Grant Williams during free agency or something consolidating their plethora of guards. – via nbadraft.theringer.com

Celtics: Nesmith, 2023 29th pick

Pacers: Williams (S + T), Prichard, 2023 35th pick

No trading Grant for picks this year — picks would have to be in the future, since free agency is after the draft.  Also, it makes a lot more sense to get back someone making more salary than Nesmith in a Grant trade.  They should be able to get back someone who’s in the $7-9 million range, which could also allow them to use almost or all of the MLE depending what they do with the last couple of spaces on the roster.

I know what you’re saying, but with this idea the Celtics would essentially be trading up. With the 29th pick, Trayce Jackson-Davis should be available, and pretty much ready to contribute from day one.

I don't think you do understand what I'm saying.  If the Celtics sign-and-trade Grant for the 29th pick, it will be for whomever the Pacers happen to have selected, and not necessarily the player the Celtics would have selected.  The NBA voided Bogdanovich's deal with Milwaukee a couple of years ago because it was clearly negotiated prior to free agency, and what you're describing here would be the same thing.  If the C's work out a sign-and-trade involving Grant (and I do think there's a good chance of that), it will not be structured for a 2023 pick.

Yeah.  Even if the deal was discussed in principle, I've got to think that the draft night trade would be Prichard plus number 35 for the Pacers pick.  Then, any sign and trade would have to be worked out separately.

I don't think teams are willing to give up assets in order to move few spots from the early 2nd round to the late first round.  With the new CBA and teams worrying about future flexibility, early 2nd round picks may be better for teams to have flexibility as they are not locked into contracts with late first rounders for few years.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2023, 03:41:37 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Kings-Wiz talking bout a deal for Beal & he willing to waive his no trade clause to go there..
Beal for Huerter, Holmes & Monk works in trade machine and kings would throw picks in as well
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2023, 04:43:33 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
The Pacers are expected to be one team in the mix for restricted free agent Grant Williams as well. – via Yahoo! Sports

Sources say the Celtics are exploring ways to bolster the roster, whether it’s a sign-and-trade involving Grant Williams during free agency or something consolidating their plethora of guards. – via nbadraft.theringer.com

No trading Grant for picks this year — picks would have to be in the future, since free agency is after the draft.  Also, it makes a lot more sense to get back someone making more salary than Nesmith in a Grant trade.  They should be able to get back someone who’s in the $7-9 million range, which could also allow them to use almost or all of the MLE depending what they do with the last couple of spaces on the roster.

I know what you’re saying, but with this idea the Celtics would essentially be trading up. With the 29th pick, Trayce Jackson-Davis should be available, and pretty much ready to contribute from day one.

I don't think you do understand what I'm saying.  If the Celtics sign-and-trade Grant for the 29th pick, it will be for whomever the Pacers happen to have selected, and not necessarily the player the Celtics would have selected.  The NBA voided Bogdanovich's deal with Milwaukee a couple of years ago because it was clearly negotiated prior to free agency, and what you're describing here would be the same thing.  If the C's work out a sign-and-trade involving Grant (and I do think there's a good chance of that), it will not be structured for a 2023 pick.

Yeah.  Even if the deal was discussed in principle, I've got to think that the draft night trade would be Prichard plus number 35 for the Pacers pick.  Then, any sign and trade would have to be worked out separately.

I don't think teams are willing to give up assets in order to move few spots from the early 2nd round to the late first round.  With the new CBA and teams worrying about future flexibility, early 2nd round picks may be better for teams to have flexibility as they are not locked into contracts with late first rounders for few years.

Ext. Graveyard - Midnight
We close in on a grave. The Headstone is embellished with stars, stripes, and statistics. At the top, in Classic Garamond BT, the epitaph reads: The Process.

Suddenly a hand emerges from the ground. Decomposed slightly, but still soft and supple - sustained by the power of it's own dubious deliberations.

From the ground, we hear one word croaked.
"...Hinkie..."
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2023, 08:04:50 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Well, this certainly would be interesting, getting Nesmith back!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2023, 09:08:11 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Kings-Wiz talking bout a deal for Beal & he willing to waive his no trade clause to go there..
Beal for Huerter, Holmes & Monk works in trade machine and kings would throw picks in as well

I'm not sure that helps Sacramento much. They are already the best or one of the best offensive teams in the league + one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

How much do they think Beal will actually improve their already excellent offense?

I don't think SAC sees much of a bump offensively. I expect that team will hold steady and stay where they are post trade. I wouldn't pursue Beal if I were SAC; he is not what they need. They need more defense, more physicality at forward. Not an undersized SG who puts in minimal defensive effort. Heck, they already have Monk for that.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2023, 12:53:07 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Pelicans are considering the possibility of dealing Zion Williamson to Charlotte for the No. 2 pick.

“Based on what I’m hearing, yes, the Pelicans are legitimately considering… doesn’t mean they would 100 percent do it, but they are considering the prospect of trying to assemble a deal for Charlotte’s No. 2 pick that would feature Zion Williamson.”

Marc Stein
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2023, 01:20:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The Pelicans are considering the possibility of dealing Zion Williamson to Charlotte for the No. 2 pick.

“Based on what I’m hearing, yes, the Pelicans are legitimately considering… doesn’t mean they would 100 percent do it, but they are considering the prospect of trying to assemble a deal for Charlotte’s No. 2 pick that would feature Zion Williamson.”

Marc Stein

Charlotte shouldn't do it. There's no guarantee Zion would be committed to playing there and might just pull the same shenanigans. Better off keeping #2 or dangling it for more proven pieces. And at this point, Zion is far from it.

I do think it's telling the Pelicans seem to be a bit more open to trading him. It's "due diligence" but like, they definitely don't seem committed to him. And nor should they.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2023, 01:27:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Marc Stein

Charlotte shouldn't do it. There's no guarantee Zion would be committed to playing there and might just pull the same shenanigans. Better off keeping #2 or dangling it for more proven pieces. And at this point, Zion is far from it.

I do think it's telling the Pelicans seem to be a bit more open to trading him. It's "due diligence" but like, they definitely don't seem committed to him. And nor should they.

Man, imagine Zion & LaMelo on the same team.

Highlight factory.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2023, 03:51:13 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Miami Heat are ‘above the rest of the league’ for Bradley Beal’s preferred landing spot, “Bradley Beal has had an eye on the Miami Heat for years.”

Fred Katz

———

Heat: Beal

Wizards: Herro, Lowry, 2023 18th pick, 2028 Heat 1st (top 3 protected)

———

Miami Heat

Vincent (re-sign)
Beal
Martin
Butler
Adebayo

Robinson, Love (re-sign), Jovic, Oladipo
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2023, 04:05:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
The Miami Heat are ‘above the rest of the league’ for Bradley Beal’s preferred landing spot, “Bradley Beal has had an eye on the Miami Heat for years.”

Fred Katz

———

———

Miami Heat

Vincent (re-sign)
Beal
Martin
Butler
Adebayo

If Heat does this deal, I still don’t think Miami are too 4 team in East

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2023, 04:35:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Fred Katz

———

———

Miami Heat

Vincent (re-sign)
Beal
Martin
Butler
Adebayo

What if Martin and Vincent are ECF Martin and Vincent?

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2023, 04:51:53 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders

Fred Katz

———

———

Miami Heat

Vincent (re-sign)
Beal
Martin
Butler
Adebayo

What if Martin and Vincent are ECF Martin and Vincent?
Doubt that will happen plus Heat bench is thin