Author Topic: (Rumor) Kyrie for Westbrook?  (Read 6597 times)

Re: (Rumor) Kyrie for Westbrook?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2022, 07:46:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets are actively engaged in trade discussions centered on a Russell Westbrook-Kyrie Irving package, league sources tell @YahooSports:

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2022, 07:46:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lakers-nets-discussing-kyrie-irving-russell-westbrook-trade-233348495.html

Nets want Kyrie + Harris for Westbrook + picks.

Lakers want Kyrie + Curry for Westbrook + lesser picks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2022, 07:49:17 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets are actively engaged in trade discussions centered on a Russell Westbrook-Kyrie Irving package, league sources tell @YahooSports:

Westbrook and Ben Simmons on the same team - hilarious.

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2022, 07:50:23 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lakers-nets-discussing-kyrie-irving-russell-westbrook-trade-233348495.html

I’m rooting for the Nets on this one.  The Lakers offer is trash.

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2022, 07:52:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I can't believe Kyrie's trade value is so low, despite everything. Would be awful if Lakers get him for that garbage. 

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2022, 07:56:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I’m rooting for the Nets on this one.  The Lakers offer is trash.

I hope the Nets get them to take Harris, so we can use the Thompson TPE  and a pick on curry. LOL I know we need a bigger wing, but man his shooting would be nice off the bench.

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2022, 07:57:44 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I can't believe Kyrie's trade value is so low, despite everything. Would be awful if Lakers get him for that garbage.

It’s clear most of the NBA teams don’t want to have anything to do with Kyrie. It’s the the Lakers’ desperation that’s giving him value. I hope the Nets squeeze out a better package from the Lakers. A Kyrie/AD/LBJ trio could be pretty scary when they’re on the same page.

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2022, 08:05:02 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Surprised the Lakers wouldn’t want Harris. Harris’ injury last year ultimately doomed the Nets. He was a very big piece to their offense.

In the end, the Nets could literally just buy out Westbrook if they really wanted too and just get some cap space for next year.

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2022, 08:14:59 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Surprised the Lakers wouldn’t want Harris. Harris’ injury last year ultimately doomed the Nets. He was a very big piece to their offense.

In the end, the Nets could literally just buy out Westbrook if they really wanted too and just get some cap space for next year.

Harris is owed $38M in the next two years. Maybe they don’t want to assume guaranteed salaries since they’ll need to extend Kyrie to a max contract as well?

For the cap experts, can the Lakers actually afford 3 max contracts assuming Kyrie is given a max extension?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 09:02:17 PM by radiohead »

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2022, 09:11:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Harris is owed $38M in the next two years. Maybe they don’t want to assume guaranteed salaries since they’ll need to extend Kyrie to a max contract as well?

For the cap experts, can the Lakers actually afford 3 max contracts assuming Kyrie is given a max extension?
well Curry is cheaper, less injured, expiring, is a comparable shooter,and doesn't play the same position as Lebron.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2022, 09:17:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So the Celtics reportedly would have to give up Brown , and some combo of Smart, White or Rob Williams, and 3-4 unprotected first round picks to even be considered, but the Lakers offering one of the worst contracts in the league in Westbrook, who has negative value, plus a few mediocre picks, are in contention and are even demanding that Curry is included in the deal?

Sure, makes perfect sense.

Edit: my bad, got this confused with the KD rumors!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 09:25:37 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2022, 09:18:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Why would the nets do this? Literally yesterday they had no interest in accommodating him

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2022, 09:20:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Would be in the running for as hate-able team as the Lakers have ever had.  There are so many in the running but if that team gets #18 it will be the apex of sports misery.

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2022, 09:24:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Why would the nets do this? Literally yesterday they had no interest in accommodating him

If they can get #1s and dump salary, it’s worth it to them.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2022, 09:29:12 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Irving and the Lakers keep failing upwards. For Irving, he keeps blowing up teams and miraculously gets the situation he wants. And the Lakers are an abominably poorly run franchise deluding itself into thinking otherwise, simply because athletes like LA. Good Lord.