Author Topic: Al Horford  (Read 1949 times)

Al Horford
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Love Al Horford. Too bad age and such limit his minutes because I enjoy watching him play.

Re: Al Horford
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 06:16:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I love him too but I hate the two big men lineups of Horford & Rob Williams and Horford is paid too much to be a backup center. It'll be nice to move on from Horford next summer - hopefully!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
I know his salary is crazy. But I enjoy watching him play than most other players on the team.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 06:25:39 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
I didn't realize that Al would get $19,500,000 guaranteed if Celtics makes it to the NBA Finals this year and it would be fully guaranteed if the Celtics win the NBA championship this year.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 06:39:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
His shot has been way off.  Old legs?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
His shot has been way off.  Old legs?
Probably.  I was kind of waiting for that to happen.  He was very rested to start the year and looked better than he's looked in a couple years in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I didn't realize that Al would get $19,500,000 guaranteed if Celtics makes it to the NBA Finals this year and it would be fully guaranteed if the Celtics win the NBA championship this year.

I don’t think that’s going to happen. 😆

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 08:23:28 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
He's following the same pattern this season as he did in every past season with us - starts off very strong, then begins to fade as the season progresses.  I may be misremembering but his decline this season started when went out for the west coast road trip.  He had a string of bad games on that trip, and since then has only had spurts of good play.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 08:27:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
He's following the same pattern this season as he did in every past season with us - starts off very strong, then begins to fade as the season progresses.  I may be misremembering but his decline this season started when went out for the west coast road trip.  He had a string of bad games on that trip, and since then has only had spurts of good play.

Yea he came into the season extra fresh but has definitely appeared to be fading lately.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 11:19:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

He would've done his job and earned that money if they make it to NBA Finals and win NBA championship for the C's.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 06:52:01 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He would've done his job and earned that money if they make it to NBA Finals and win NBA championship for the C's.
Exactly.

Al Horford is my favorite Celtic.  He's pretty good at most everything including ball handling, passing, defense, posting-up, shooting (last few games not withstanding), just ok at rebounding.  I don't mind him starting but it seems like at his age his minutes should be cut back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:36:53 AM by Surferdad »