Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78029 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 02:45:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

There has been some buzz that the Celtics are looking at adding another big man, given the uncertainty of Al Horford's early-season availability. Robert Williams' recent knee soreness likely factors in here as well.

Hilarious. Season hasn't even started and this team is already in hospital mode.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 02:49:45 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Wonder if they're bringing back Mathews or if they've got someone else in mind. Harry Giles?

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 02:51:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wonder if they're bringing back Mathews or if they've got someone else in mind. Harry Giles?
Need a scorer off the bench so hopefully Matthews
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Giles makes the most sense with Al and Rob ailing. If anything happens to those two then the C's depth is gone.

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 02:52:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
The Celtics are waiving forward Jabari Parker, according to a league source.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 03:36:09 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Good to see Robert Williams is already in good form. Already hurt with knee issue.

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 03:44:45 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Good to see Robert Williams is already in good form. Already hurt with knee issue.

Mods, this is another in a long list of recent trolling/baiting by PAOBoston. Can this be addressed? I don't mind people disagreeing or good debate, but this is clearly not that.

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
"Who, specifically, the Celtics would add is unclear, but the most logical possibility is Harry Giles, a fourth-year big man who was waived by the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday."

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
My vote is Stanley Johnson unless picked up by someone already. He is a big strong athletic wing. Just hasn’t met expectations.

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 04:24:55 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Mods, this is another in a long list of recent trolling/baiting by PAOBoston. Can this be addressed? I don't mind people disagreeing or good debate, but this is clearly not that.
Is it not accurate though? He’s hurt again. It’s hard to rely on this player considering how high their expectations are for him. It’s very frustrating, especially considering they extended him long term.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 04:30:00 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I still think they should deal Fernando for a 2nd rounder and sign Kornet. 

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 04:43:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
I'm a little surprised by this, even though it has been reported as a possibility all summer. For a team whose biggest question is the 4 spot to jettison a guy who seems like instant offense they must have been pretty unimpressed with something about him.

"Who, specifically, the Celtics would add is unclear, but the most logical possibility is Harry Giles, a fourth-year big man who was waived by the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday."
Giles seems like a smart flier. A guy who has talent, highly touted in his high school class, suffered injuries and bad situations. Of course, the question is always "If he's worth it, why did everyone else cut him?" But Tatum and him are buddies and it does feel like there's something there.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics brought the Green Kornet back full time.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 04:49:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I still think they should deal Fernando for a 2nd rounder and sign Kornet.

I think that if there was any positive value, or even neutral value, for Fernando, he would already be gone.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I’m not bothered by this. Getting personal with other posters is where I’d draw the line.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
I'm a little surprised by this, even though it has been reported as a possibility all summer. For a team whose biggest question is the 4 spot to jettison a guy who seems like instant offense they must have been pretty unimpressed with something about him.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics brought the Green Kornet back full time.

I cannot agree that the team’s “biggest question is the 4 spot”. Tatum will play a lot of minutes there, and Udoka has signaled his willingness to play two-big lineups. In fact in today’s game it probably doesn’t make sense to use that old 1-5 terminology, as though there were five identifiable tasks.

As for Kornet, I’ll believe it when I see it. Emergencies happen.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021