Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78534 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 01:05:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Kendrick Perkins: Danny Ainge consulted me on Jaylen Brown trade

Speaking last Friday on Celtics pregame live, the former NBA player recalled the conversation when trade talks were buzzing around the league which centers around the superstar. “I remember last year around this time when teams were calling about James Harden and Houston actually wanted Jaylen Brown,” Perkins said on the segment. “I was on the phone with Danny Ainge for an hour, and I remember how our conversation went. He was like, ‘Hey, Perk, would you trade Jaylen Brown for James Harden?’ And I was like, ‘Danny, you know how I feel about Jaylen Brown, but I would trade him for James Harden.’ He was like, ‘ Are you kidding me? He’s not going anywhere. He’s not even 25 and he keeps getting better.’

Danny loves the Jays. If Brad was in charge then, I wonder if he would have pulled the trigger?

Glad we will never have to find out. Hardens numbers are down this year and it looks like he’s  lost a step. Or he’s just out of shape. Either way, glad we still have Jaylen. 
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2021, 01:13:54 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Last season there was a lot of debate about whether or not to trade for Harden and whether or not to include Brown (which to me would have been the ante to even be in a serious discussion with Houston).

I was in the yes camp on the trade Brown for Harden at the time.  It was a different team than from what we have now.  I am not sure I would want Harden at this point in time.  Harden will show up for the Nets, he is just that good.  Same for Durant.  I am just not sure Harden makes us good enough to take the risk.

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2021, 03:48:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Last season there was a lot of debate about whether or not to trade for Harden and whether or not to include Brown (which to me would have been the ante to even be in a serious discussion with Houston).

I was in the yes camp on the trade Brown for Harden at the time.  It was a different team than from what we have now.  I am not sure I would want Harden at this point in time.  Harden will show up for the Nets, he is just that good.  Same for Durant.  I am just not sure Harden makes us good enough to take the risk.

Will he? His numbers are way down and Kyrie isn’t even playing. 17ppg, 7reb, 8ast. Points are way down, at least.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Will he? His numbers are way down and Kyrie isn’t even playing. 17ppg, 7reb, 8ast. Points are way down, at least.

I can only speculate but yes, I believe that Harden will be fine, in his own ball dominant way of course.

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He's 4 games into a season, having started cold. He'll come good. He's pretty obviously out of shape at the moment, which is holding him back
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2021, 07:22:04 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

He's 4 games into a season, having started cold. He'll come good. He's pretty obviously out of shape at the moment, which is holding him back
He's been out of shape since last season. Age will only worsen his shape

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2021, 07:42:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

I thought he did this every year.

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2021, 08:12:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not quite correct. He started last season out of shape, then he went on to average 25/10/8 on the second best efficiency of his career when he got to Brooklyn.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2021, 10:13:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
So far Jayson Tatum is averaging 27.5ppg And Jaylen Brown is at 28.3ppg. That puts them at number 7 and 10 in the league for scoring. Sustainable? Maybe...

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2021, 10:20:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
So far Jayson Tatum is averaging 27.5ppg And Jaylen Brown is at 28.3ppg. That puts them at number 7 and 10 in the league for scoring. Sustainable? Maybe...

And four others in double figures.

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2021, 11:33:25 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983

And four others in double figures.

3 OTs in 4 games will certainly help scoring numbers.

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2021, 02:22:38 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Marcus averaging career high in 3pt attempted, but career low in % at .241.

End.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2021, 08:57:11 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

End.

That's so Marcus!  :o

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

End.

That's so Marcus!  :o

It’s also so small sample-size (and a bit misleading, as Marcus is also playing a career-high minutes.  It’s not his career-high in attempted 3s on a per-36 basis).

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

He’s also not getting fouls called.  Is it the rule change aimed at him, coincidence/small sample, or something else I can’t say, but he’s losing about 4 points per game at the line relative to last year, and about 6.5 points relative to most of his time in Houston.