Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78651 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2021, 04:38:25 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
To me, the key line is "Tatum is still just 23 years old".

The problem is that this kind of media noise does seem to get into Tatum's head.  I think in time he will learn to not let it.  But it is clear that right now, it bothers him.

Tatum is not the problem with the Celtics.  He is a tremendous cornerstone moving forward.

I see the Celtics as a team with flaws that result in a ceiling on how far they can go and also a team that so far, has underachieved.

I see the under achievement as primarily due to the new coach and secondarily several new players or old players with new roles.  New players include Horford, Schroder, and Richardson and RWill is essentially in a new role as a starter.  That is a lot of adjustment for a team.  This group should be doing better, even with the flaws and injuries.

The primary flaw with the Celtics is the lack of any skilled big men.  Horford is kind of OK but limited and RWilliams is pretty one-dimensional.  After these limited guys, it gets worse with GWill, Kanter, Parker and so on.

But none of this is Tatum's problem.  Yes, he could be better when doubled (and he has been) but this is not just on the guy with the ball.  The rest of the team needs to move and cut.  Sure, you would like to see him get to the line more.  But I have no issue with his competitiveness or desire.

« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2021, 08:28:55 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Knew Jaylen would be out, but really sucks not having Al as well...

Marc Stein: The Celtics say Jaylen Brown (right hamstring tightness) and Al Horford (low back stiffness) are out for Boston’s game against Portland. More NBA from me: marcstein.Substack.com – via Twitter TheSteinLine
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jayson Tatum has noticed a pattern from his time in the NBA. He has gone through struggles a number of times, stretches during which he hasn’t lived up to his personal standards. “And then I figure it out,” Tatum said Friday. “And then I go on these runs.”

The buckets just haven’t come as easily this season. Tatum knows it. He is trying to work through it. He said he has dug into the film, attempting to figure out what he needs to fix. He hasn’t changed much else about his daily routine, saying he always puts up extra shots and always stays in the gym later than anyone else. He said he hasn’t gotten angry about his inconsistency, either. “I don’t get mad,” Tatum said. “It’s frustrating, but I think it’s part of it.”

Tatum is taking it all in stride. Even the criticism. The Celtics, coming off a disappointing .500 season, have opened this season at 12-11. Tatum knows how it is for players of his stature. When things go right, the praise is thick. When things go wrong, the blame will point straight at him. “I think that’s just the world we live in,” Tatum said. “They’re always just going to talk about what you’re doing. Never about what you’ve accomplished and stuff like that. It’s just what you’re doing right now. And I think that’s what kind of drives some players. It’s like, don’t be complacent. I’m always focused on what I can do next. And I’m sure the narrative will change when we get to the championship one day. So we’ll see.” – via Jay King @ The Athletic
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2021, 12:11:48 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Freedom coming after Jeremy Lin, Hard...

Enes Kanter: Shame on you @Jeremy Lin Haven’t you had enough of that Dirty Chinese Communist Party money feeding you to stay silent? How disgusting of you to turn your back against your country & your people. Stand with Taiwan! Stop bowing to money & the Dictatorship. Morals over Money brother. – via Twitter EnesFreedom
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:32:36 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »

Kiorrik

Freedom coming after Jeremy Lin, Hard...

Enes Kanter: Shame on you @Jeremy Lin Haven’t you had enough of that Dirty Chinese Communist Party money feeding you to stay silent? How disgusting of you to turn your back against your country & your people. Stand with Taiwan! Stop bowing to money & the Dictatorship. Morals over Money brother. – via Twitter EnesFreedom

FYI; looked into this a lil bit, JL's parents are Taiwanese and JLin has sneaker deals with Chinese orgs.

That's all I know about it, but saw a lotta anger thrown Enes' way for the wrong reasons.

« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »

Kiorrik

« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2021, 09:51:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
It seems kind of random that Kanter is blasting Lin and is starting to come off as just angry. I could understand a bit of his frustration with Lebron because Lebron actually went out of his way to insert himself in the conversation in the pass. However, as for Lin, couldn't Kanter go after just about every player in the NBA that wears nike or has an iphone?

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2021, 10:05:35 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
It seems kind of random that Kanter is blasting Lin and is starting to come off as just angry. I could understand a bit of his frustration with Lebron because Lebron actually went out of his way to insert himself in the conversation in the pass. However, as for Lin, couldn't Kanter go after just about every player in the NBA that wears nike or has an iphone?

Guessing it has something to do with the fact that Lin is playing for the Beijing Ducks for $3M/year.

« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2021, 10:48:56 PM »

Kiorrik

I've not seen him be wrong about his callouts yet.

I'm sure he does his research before singling out people.

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2021, 11:31:55 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Do you think Udoka/Stevens will cut Freedom due to the media distraction? I mean I respect his freedom of speech but it may be drawing too much attention to the team and cause a distraction

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2021, 11:35:54 PM »

Kiorrik

Do you think Udoka/Stevens will cut Freedom due to the media distraction? I mean I respect his freedom of speech but it may be drawing too much attention to the team and cause a distraction

?

What

.edit: or rather; why? literally 0 impact on the team at the moment?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:53:11 PM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2021, 12:02:13 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I don’t think it’s a distraction at this point and even if it was, it would be a terrible look to cut him.

« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2021, 05:36:34 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Tristan Kardashian's scandal issues didn't even turn into a locker room issue.

« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2021, 09:51:52 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 6 hours ago

The Bulls missed six free throws in their Monday win, dropping their percentage to 82.5. That means at 82.6%, the Celtics now lead the NBA. Boston (87% since Nov. 12) hasn't led the league in free-throw shooting in 30 years. Not coincidentally...Larry's final year, 1991-92.

« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 6 hours ago

The Bulls missed six free throws in their Monday win, dropping their percentage to 82.5. That means at 82.6%, the Celtics now lead the NBA. Boston (87% since Nov. 12) hasn't led the league in free-throw shooting in 30 years. Not coincidentally...Larry's final year, 1991-92.

There is nothing foul about their FT%.  Go Cs!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain