Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78547 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2021, 08:28:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Mark Murphy: Ime Udoka has decided against captains: “That’s probably in the rear view at this point.” Said the combo of Tatum/Brown/Horford/Smart all lead in their own ways. – via Twitter
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

Kiorrik

Mark Murphy: Ime Udoka has decided against captains: “That’s probably in the rear view at this point.” Said the combo of Tatum/Brown/Horford/Smart all lead in their own ways. – via Twitter

Love it. Been preaching this for a while. Glad to see coach thinks similar. Yay!

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Marcus leads by throwing his teammates under the bus, injuring himself by punching glass and shooting the team out of games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2021, 09:50:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Marcus leads by throwing his teammates under the bus, injuring himself by punching glass and shooting the team out of games.
...missing team flights, fouling when the coach says not to, shooting a half court lob after a tip off at half court when a jump ball was called with the other team having only one second to shoot, wanting to fight teammates and coaches after they question his poor three point shot selection after a loss....

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2021, 10:16:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

looks like the coach agrees with Marcus. Smart coach.

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2021, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

looks like the coach agrees with Marcus. Smart coach.

Good to see coach stand up to his players! :o

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2021, 02:00:18 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

No Captain and no idea - zero leadership on this team.

Captaincy of the Boston Celtics should be an honor that players aspire to. Disappointing to see Brad Stevens' namby pamby approach being continued.

Of all those players Horford is the only one really deserving but if he doesn't care enough to put his hand up and say he wants to be captain then he isn't really captaincy material.

I'm not saying simply picking a player and putting a (C) next to their name will solve the glaring leadership issues on this team - you have to actually have a player worthy of captaincy. Sadly, this team doesn't.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2021, 02:38:26 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Via Sean Grande

Boston has a 97.1 defensive rating when Al Horford is on the floor, that would be 2nd in the NBA.

It's 111.9 without him, that would be 28th.
Awesome. That would explain why he wasn’t on the floor for the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game. Oh, wait...  ???
Our coach is the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of basketball, what do you expect? Anyways it's laughable that Horford needed to prove himself as a starter before the season started - he was very good in Oklahoma last year and got shut down because he was killing their tank job.

Thunder DRTG with Horford: 110.0, 2.9 points better than league average
Thunder DRTG without Horford: 116.7, 3.8 points worse than league average
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2021, 09:52:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

A. Sherrod Blakely: Following the #Bulls loss on Monday, Celtics Rob Williams said Al Horford sat the whole team down, telling them to “embrace the loss and keep pushing.” Boston hasn’t lost a game since. – via Twitter ASherrodblakely

"Boston hasn't lost a game since" is a funny thing to say when it's been two games
Agreed. Lol
Just more agenda peddling by journalists to keep the pressure off of our Ole >:(
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Captaincy of the Boston Celtics should be an honor that players aspire to. Disappointing to see Brad Stevens' namby pamby approach being continued.

Of all those players Horford is the only one really deserving but if he doesn't care enough to put his hand up and say he wants to be captain then he isn't really captaincy material.

I'm not saying simply picking a player and putting a (C) next to their name will solve the glaring leadership issues on this team - you have to actually have a player worthy of captaincy. Sadly, this team doesn't.
Well, I don't disagree.  My theory is that they don't want to be in a position of trading away their captain (whoever it is), so no captains.

« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

A. Sherrod Blakely: Following the #Bulls loss on Monday, Celtics Rob Williams said Al Horford sat the whole team down, telling them to “embrace the loss and keep pushing.” Boston hasn’t lost a game since. – via Twitter ASherrodblakely

"Boston hasn't lost a game since" is a funny thing to say when it's been two games
Agreed. Lol
Just more agenda peddling by journalists to keep the pressure off of our Ole >:(

They also have not lost a game since Dallas.
Yup

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2021, 01:11:53 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Man this is the NBA it's not high school. I cannot for the life of me understand Celtics fan's obsession with this captain role. This label is powerless. Marcus Smart isn't going to suddenly have a transformation because Captain Jayson Tatum talked with him.

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Some good news...

Brown addressed his injury for the first time Wednesday, sharing that he still has some hamstring tightness but is "without pain" and got some work in at the team's practice facility earlier in the day.

"I think the concern is because, maybe a year ago, before the season shut down, I had the same injury. So I just re-injured the same injury," Brown said, as seen in the video above. "So, that was the concern. But as far as hamstring injuries go, I think this is the lightest one that I've had."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jaylen-brown-injury-why-celtics-are-playing-it-safe-hamstring-ailment%3famp
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:25:46 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

Man this is the NBA it's not high school. I cannot for the life of me understand Celtics fan's obsession with this captain role. This label is powerless. Marcus Smart isn't going to suddenly have a transformation because Captain Jayson Tatum talked with him.

Ime started the whole "Captain" thing by saying he was going to announce captains and Smart came out and said he didn't care and then it didn't happen. Now it doesn't matter to Ime. It should've never been brought up in the first place. 

« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Celtics should had sign Andre Drummond..guy is a monster rebounder
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin